Whining noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KingJmart

KingJmart

Reaction score
When driving there is a distinct loud whining noise when I get to certain speeds, let off gas peddle and when slowing down. My guess is it's just loud tires noise from the big 26" tires I have or is some other mechanical issue and how would I go about fixing this if anyone has had similar problem. Might try rotating tires and see if that helps or maybe check bearings?

OP
OP
KingJmart

KingJmart

Reaction score
Significant humming noise when let off throttle???

I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ and when I drive it to a speed around 40mph or higher then let off gas to allow it cruise there is a significant humming noise that I have noooo clue what hell it is. I have 26" rims on but deff don't think its the tires bc I tried rotating the tires today just as a shot in the dark but did not fix the problem. Anyone had same problem or something similar bc I'm open for suggestions. Want this resolved ASAP! Thanks!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Can you tell if coming from front or rear. Sounds like you could be describing gear hum. Check your differential fluids and transfer case fluid. What condition is the fluid in? Metal in it? Low? Check trans fluid, also.

OP
OP
KingJmart

KingJmart

Reaction score
Ok yes I'll deff check those today and let u know what I find. The guy I purchased from mentioned the differential fluid need to be changed out

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Can you tell if coming from front or rear. Sounds like you could be describing gear hum. Check your differential fluids and transfer case fluid. What condition is the fluid in? Metal in it? Low? Check trans fluid, also.

And it seems to be coming from the front

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I also thought his rear might be singing. I'd swap at least the rear oil out for some fresh synthetic and see if it makes any diiference. Also, as raiderron mentioned, check the condition of the old fluid for any metallic content and let us know what you find.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Remember that in a cavernous inside of a Tahoe, a noise actually coming from front or rear can sound like is coming from somewhere else.

OP
OP
KingJmart

KingJmart

Reaction score
So just changed out the rear differential oil and replaced gasket....didn't fix the problem of the humming noise...

OP
OP
KingJmart

KingJmart

Reaction score
Noise that won't go away!!! Help plz!

So I have a 2008 2WD chevy Tahoe LTZ with 75,000 miles and been having this annoyingggg humming noise that occurs when I get about 25 mph and picks up as I go faster. Sound is most noticeable when I get up to a good speed and completely let off of accelerator! Also when I let off of accelerator and shift into neutral will still driving the sound goes away! Wtf! Lol I have rotated tires, changed out rear diff fluids and gasket, and did a complete transmission flush at the local car shop and added new transmission fluid. Butttt sound is still there!!! Ughhh! Looked into changing hub assembly but not thrilled about throwing more money away unless it fixes my problem. I checked the driveshaft and joint and seems to be no play in the drive shaft when I'm park. Has anyyyyone had this problem and what will resolve this noise problem that's driving me nuts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMC Burbalade

Latest posts