Which tuning route for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t76turbo

Reaction score
I sent this on the contact form in the black bear site but posting here for quicker or more input.

I have a 2007 Tahoe flex fuel 5.3 2wd coming in at the end of this week.

I want to tune it immediately, get rid of DoD assuming they all have it, put on the air raid jr MIT on day one as well. Very shortly after I get it I want to add the corsa touring cat back. And the final goal will be to add a whipple or other positive displacement blower like magnacharger. But will be looking at other alternatives like turbos and centrifugal super chargers along the way which I have extensive experience with.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to have the ability to make my own changes to the tune like I have been able to do in the past with HP Tuners or the Anderson Ford Motorsport *** handheld piggyback tuner. But not a deal breaker.

With all that said. Is there a route you might suggest I take now as it relates to tuning so I am not spending more money later to upgrade? No need to double buy if I can avoid it.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are looking to tune yourself, the EFILive V2 ($899 comes with two vehicle licenses) would be the best bet. If you don't forsee wanting to tune on your own, then the AutoCal ($599 comes with one vehicle license) would be the way to go.

OP
OP
T

t76turbo

Reaction score
If you are looking to tune yourself, the EFILive V2 ($899 comes with two vehicle licenses) would be the best bet. If you don't forsee wanting to tune on your own, then the AutoCal ($599 comes with one vehicle license) would be the way to go.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I would only want the ability to fine tune and not start from scratch. I'll leave that to the pros.

Your site says that you include 'add a tune by email with us at no additional cost'. I assume since you are including one you will leave it unlocked so the end user can modify it?????????

Also, when time comes for the magnacharger or whipple, do those kits come with a base tune or do you provide a base tune? And if so, is it unlocked so a V2 owner can modify their own tune?

The ideal thing would be dyno tune but I don't see where you will be close enough for me to make the drive.

Either way, I will be in contact very soon to get this stuff ordered up. Just want to get the thing here physically first.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Correct, a tune can be added with the V2 purchase. We do not lock our tunes.

With the blowers, you have a few options, you can purchase with the base tune from factory, or package with a V2 or AutoCal (BBP tuning), or no tune at all.

If you were interested, we could get you a package deal for a blower and a V2/AutoCal.

OP
OP
T

t76turbo

Reaction score
Correct, a tune can be added with the V2 purchase. We do not lock our tunes.

With the blowers, you have a few options, you can purchase with the base tune from factory, or package with a V2 or AutoCal (BBP tuning), or no tune at all.

If you were interested, we could get you a package deal for a blower and a V2/AutoCal.

Not quite ready to do the supercharger yet. Wanted to get lowered, new wheels, tires, exhaust, etc.

But this gives me what I need to decide. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz