Which OBD tool to buy with functions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Claytonn

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering which is a good scan tool I can use for a 2006 Yukon Denali, I happen oto buy one buy it does nothing but just read the codes.

I'm looking for something that will help me relearn the crankshaft position sensor and reset codes etc anything with these functions.

Could someone recommend me a capable obd tool that would do these things?.

Much appreciated!.

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of scanners but I can't recommend either for a Denali. Oh sure they do a reasonable job reading engine sensors, graphing data etc but the Denali has so many more interesting things. Eventually a person with a Denali may want to be able to get down into the wheel speed sensors or yaw sensor when the traction control is causing it to almost stall when taking off from a stop. Problem is I think these type of readers are pricy >$1K. I haven't looked at these seriously because my nephew has a garage and he was willing to ride around with me until we figured out the problem, which I haven't invested the money in to fix yet.

OP
OP
Claytonn

Claytonn

Reaction score
I have a couple of scanners but I can't recommend either for a Denali. Oh sure they do a reasonable job reading engine sensors, graphing data etc but the Denali has so many more interesting things. Eventually a person with a Denali may want to be able to get down into the wheel speed sensors or yaw sensor when the traction control is causing it to almost stall when taking off from a stop. Problem is I think these type of readers are pricy >$1K. I haven't looked at these seriously because my nephew has a garage and he was willing to ride around with me until we figured out the problem, which I haven't invested the money in to fix yet.

OP
OP
Claytonn

Claytonn

Reaction score
Ahh I see, true they are quite expensive, I was looking into Tech II and launch x431 pro, it seems these tools could do the job, but then again I'm still researching more

loulblades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I would recommend, if you are going with the full blown system, is to have the bluetooth capability. It is really nice to be able to take the display with you when crawling under the truck and being able to trigger devices (i.e. the EGR vent valve, which I am currently working on, or the pump for the self levelers etc).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skimask