Which intake gaskets to get

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

westman995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has opinions on what intake gaskets I should get for a 97 Yukon. Motor is out of a Silverado I believe, not that it really matters. More than likely just going to get felpro ones but jus want to get opinions on it first.

I am just doing it as a preventative thing, I hear these motors are known for bad intake gaskets and I have no idea if this motor has ever had them replaced or not, I bought it used with supposed around 150k on it so I may as well do it now before its too late

newbie78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fel Pro MS98000T the PermDryPlus gaskets with the metal core surrounded by silicone. Don't cheap out and get the cheaper ones that are just silicone they don't last.

Don't quote me on that part number that is for my 1997 Tahoe LS 5.7 4x4 should be the same but double check obviously.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
I used the fel pro 98000T.

No signs of leaking. I have about 10k miles on it since I changed them

OP
OP
W

westman995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing I asked. Cuz before I asked I was looking at them on autozone/napa etc. I was looking more towards the cheaper ones. Ill be getting the better ones.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
the cheaper ones are the same as factory and will fail again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Instigator01