Which Crossmember TSB #03-08-61-002G?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kna4977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to isolate popping in suspension. TSB says front crossmember, but I can't find a picture of the crossmember that it's referring to and the 4 bolts it says to add washers to and torque to 89 ft/lbs. Does anyone have a picture of which crossmember and bolts I need to look at? I've searched all over the internet and can't find a picture, video or anything just that it is a bolt in front crossmember.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe they are referring to the crossmember that runs between the frame rails near the front control arms.

OP
OP
K

kna4977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe they are referring to the crossmember that runs between the frame rails near the front control arms.

I see one crossmember under the transfer case that encases the torsion bars and one under the oil pan with 2 bolts on the passenger side and 2 bolts on the drivers side. 2 bolts on passenger side are running horizontal. 2 bolts on drivers side are running vertical. Transfer case one has 2 bolts on each side horizontal to the ground on both sides.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, that TSB about cross member hardware is only for 2WD vehicles.

What exactly are you experiencing? Have you had you intermediate steering shaft serviced? They tend to start popping and need to be re-lubed.

OP
OP
K

kna4977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, that TSB about cross member hardware is only for 2WD vehicles.

What exactly are you experiencing? Have you had you intermediate steering shaft serviced? They tend to start popping and need to be re-lubed.

It's not the intermediate steering shaft. I know how that issue feels and have replaced it twice. I was just going to check the torque on the bolts but if it's 2wd only then there's no use. I'm pretty sure my issue has to do with the body mounts and I need to do the insulator tsb.

OP
OP
K

kna4977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The insulator TSB mentions the body bushings under the A-pillar, B-pillar, and C-pillar. I swear my noise is coming from the back most corner. Is there any way to identify which body bushing is the culprit or do I need to put insulators on all 8?

I'm also wondering now if the noise under my drivers floor board might be the torsion bar crossmember bushing part #20829013 or 15001006. Any way to tell on this before digging in?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just get under there with a impact and go to town on both crossmembers, regardless if it is 2wd/4wd it's all basically the same design, also lube up the sway bar D bushings, and just take a good close look at everything (look at the upper control arm bolts, be sure they are torqued properly also should be around 140lbs I think), 99% of the time it is just the sway bar bushings needing to be lubed, then you will at least have ruled those parts out and you can proceed to other options if the noise is still present.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tim j