Which CAI and why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyFlip420

Reaction score
I'm surprised there isn't more info when I searched on here about these. I saw the supposed test reviews that are never coming....So....

I just got a 15 Yukon Denali and want to get a CAI. What are you guys running and why? I've heard of some fitment issues and others that had computer issues after install. What's the low down? Who's got the best? Who's a forum supporter?

I also have a procharger just sitting around....Just the procharger though no other pieces and I have no clue how to install it...lol

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the airraid. fitment was perfect and its 50 state legal. I had no issues with the ecu when installed.
The reason I went with it was price, review of version for the pre 2014 trucks and its what a bunch of companies use when they offer a rebranded version.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant. Used them on my previous generation Escalade as well. Good price and sounds good even when not at full throttle. Oh and they had a $50 mail in rebate.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
You cant really go wrong with any of the name brands. They all do their tests tunes. Looking at their main website you can usually get a good idea at the "performance" adds you get from them but for the most part unless you are running tons of power along with other bolt on upgrades and a tune you will be good with w/e catches your eye. CAI add MPG most times, especially with the newer age vehicles, but adding a cotton/fiber replacement drop in filter does almost the same if not better in some vehicles.

When is comes to CAI I usually go with the one that looks the best and if I can I will add a K&N but would require modifications. I have always liked the Volant, and for this truck I will be getting that one eventually. I have seen a mod that someone did on my year model adding a plexiglass cover the box and customizing it some. Looked clean. I cant find the thread but maybe who did can chime in.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autopartswarehouse.com has a 20% off on all CAI... I just purchased the AFE momentum GT stage 2 for $340 free shipping code JSAV21 only one day left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was looking for the one done on a stock '15 sierra/Silverado 5.3. Was just done last week but I've probably got motors switched up anyways

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zachattack_0924