Which 2015 1/2 Escalade Updates will Trickle to Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigzaj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I found a list of Fall 2015 updates from Sewell posted on an escalade forum:

- Moderate price increase
- 8-Speed Transmission
- Open Differential (AWD?)
- Dock Spot (In-Vehicle Wireless Charging)
- 360-Degree Camera
- OnStar Gen 10 with 4G LTE

Will any of these trickle down to the other models such as the Denali and Tahoe LTZ? I'm most interested in the 8-speed (which most believe will) and the 360-Degree camera.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God I sure hope so! In a $70k massive suv, full stop cruise control and 360 camera ( major safety feature in such a large truck) should be mandatory options. Much cheaper vehicles have these options at lower price points.

8-speed is a known option for 2015.5 on the Denali. Dealer verified it

George C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
God I sure hope so! In a $70k massive suv, full stop cruise control and 360 camera ( major safety feature in such a large truck) should be mandatory options. Much cheaper vehicles have these options at lower price points.

Is the 8 speed available for order yet?

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Escalade... lol try "In a $85+k massive suv,....."

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, the ford escape has a foot activated lift gate

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Is the 8 speed available for order yet?

I called the gmc dealership owner and he verified it will be available for order early next month or end of this one.

Called Cadillac dealer and was told the same thing.

OP
OP
B

bigzaj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything on the other options, AWD? 360 Degree Camera?

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeesh, the Denali just got HIDs and a push button start. You need to wait another 7 years to get more stuff :D

A 360 camera should be standard on the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade. Along with HID headlights.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeesh, the Denali just got HIDs and a push button start. You need to wait another 7 years to get more stuff :D

No kidding! It's sad really...sad. What's even worse is they put halogen projectors on the second to last body style. And then went backwards to reflector bowls for the last generation. It's a crying shame these nitwits can't pull their head out of their ***** and put a true HD screen in the car with a real HDMI port here in 2014 While a Blu-ray player is $89 at Best Buy and 4k tvs are becoming reasonably priced.

A 360 camera should be standard on the Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade. Along with HID headlights.

It's just ridiculous the 360 view camera is not standard on all of these Behemoths! For that matter they still have that shit ass low-resolution camera on the back like its still 2001. Get with it for God sakes! If it's not going to be standard it should certainly be an option on all of them as it is a major safety feature. Just like the full stop Adaptive cruise control... This is a major safety feature why the hell do you have to buy an Escalade just to get this feature. I know they want to upsell you but there are other vehicles that cost less and have this. Nothing against Escalade buyers but I'm just not the kind a guy wants to roll around in a flashy Eescalade. Lol. I would rather drive around in my flashy Denali with full stop Adaptive cruise control and 360 view camera. Why the hell can't I have that? Don't even get me going on the foot activated liftgate! The Ford escape has it and it cost $23,000!

Man I really hope they step it up for the 2016 model year. I understand they have really stepped it up for the 2015 model year. But they are still falling short critical areas. I just hate it because I'm still going to buy one in 2015 anyway. It's just stupid I can't get it the way I want it and have to settle for 15-year-old tech in some cases.

Last edited:

jbva

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Motor Trend this month talked about 8 speed tran and other mid year updates going in the Sierra Denali pickups. I have to think the other models will get these same upgrades

doubletapdrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Chevrolet and GMC Pickups, SUVs to Offer Eight-Speed Transmission

DETROIT – Chevrolet and GMC have confirmed a new eight-speed automatic transmission will be standard on 2015 Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra and GMC Yukon Denali/Yukon XL Denali models equipped with the 6.2L EcoTec3 V-8.
The GM-developed Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed is approximately the same size and weight as the Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic. Its 7.0 overall gear ratio spread is wider than GM’s six-speed automatic transmissions, providing a numerically higher first gear ratio to help drivers start off more confidently with a heavy load or when trailering. The 8L90 also enables numerically lower rear axle ratios, which reduce engine rpm on the highway.
With 420 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque, the 6.2L EcoTec3 V-8 is the most powerful engine offered in any light-duty pickup, and offers a maximum available trailer rating of 12,000 pounds, based on SAE J2807 Recommended Practices. As with other EcoTec3 engines, it seamlessly switches to four-cylinder operation under lighter loads to improve fuel economy.
Additional technical details and the EPA estimated fuel economy will be announced closer to the start of production in the fourth quarter of 2014

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA