Where to sell OEM 2023 Suburban 6.2 Exhaust System ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTPace500

Reaction score
Just as a point of interest, my local Ford dealer refused to accept the trade in of my F150 because of its after-market (Borla) cat-back exhaust. Fortunately I still had the OEM exhaust in my shop, so I loaded it in the truck bed, and we did the trade. YMMV
I'm driving this truck into the ground.

mikeseay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just make sure you report the sale amount on your income tax return. New rules are now in place.
Could you go into more detail about the new rules. I’m sure lots of us sell things on the different sites and need to be aware.
TIA

Phat7MGTE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I’m looking for OEM exhaust. Anyone still have their old setup laying around? Thanks

malba2366

Reaction score
Could you go into more detail about the new rules. I’m sure lots of us sell things on the different sites and need to be aware.
TIA

You don't have to report sales of used goods on your income taxes, unless it is a business vehicle you have to recapture the sale of that part since you depreciated the vehicle on your business taxes.

If you are selling things you made, or buying and reselling goods for profit that is a different story.

djnice

Reaction score
I have an OEM Cat Back exhaust system that I bought from the dealer for my 2022 Tahoe 6.2, had them install and then quickly had them remove and put the original OEM back on (my wife thought it was too loud). I've had it on FB Marketplace for over a year and a half, and no interest at all. I'm located in Portland, OR. It would be too expensive to ship it, so the only option is local pick up. I also tried Craigslist for a short period, but nothing. I think you almost need to find someone on the forum who is interested. I would love to get rid of mine and get it out of my garage.

View attachment 414660
I’m replying so I can find this in the future. Not sure when I’ll get to Portland but maybe one of these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan