Where to buy buy touch screen nav for 05 tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bfranklin74

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I thought I had a good deal on a touch screen nav for my tahoe. I paid 340. Turns out I bought the LUX unit when I needed the NON LUX unit and it wouldnt put out any sound. I sent it back now I cant find the NON lux unit anywhere for about that same price. I search ebay everynight. Does ANYONE have any suggestions?

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the non lux ususally cost about $100 or more than the LUX units.

Simple supply and demand. More lux navs than non lux, more non lux owners looking to upgrade.

for that price I would have kept it and changed the amp.

I usually see the non lux for 500-750 on ebay.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i thread jack and ask what the difference is in the two? or how to tell what your truck needs rather.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it has y91 RPO code it is lux.

that would pretty much only be Denali or Esky.

on those the output from the radio is constant volume and only 2 channel, and the AMP does all the EQ, Balance, Fade, Volume control etc. digitally. It even turns on via the Digital Bus, instead of a 12v remote wire.
It also IIRC has more power, and actual active Xovers to protect the speakers, instead of just the sub, reducing some of the muddiness.

You can convert a Non-Lux to a lux , with a lux head and amp, and some rewiring of the connector, but not the inverse. If lux amps werent so expensive,the lux would be the way to go.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia