Where to buy black badges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, yes I searched the forum.

I made the mistake of using an old can of PlastiDip to black out my Z71 badges this afternoon. Unfortunately it sprayed in clumps and I did not get a clean thin layer in the first and second coat. So that was a pain getting it off. I got it cleaned up to a respectable level...

Where did you get a quality set of black badges for your vehicle? I am looking for a black set of Z71 fender badges, and also the grille badge. Haven't decided in red and black or all black.

Please post a link to the ones you bought!

Thanks!

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the ones from the GMC accessories site but mine is a Denali, I know my kit came with SLT badges which were not used of course but not sure about the Z71 ones if they are available or not.

Last edited:

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve yet to find anyone making the same size as OEM for the tahoe. Most are buying the Silverado badges that are a bit bigger but can be bought on Amazon.

Attachments

• CD5A9F6C-0F2D-4C5C-BF92-049A1F6F5750.png
    CD5A9F6C-0F2D-4C5C-BF92-049A1F6F5750.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone I have a set ordered off Amazon!

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve yet to find anyone making the same size as OEM for the tahoe. Most are buying the Silverado badges that are a bit bigger but can be bought on Amazon.

My set came in and yes they are a little bit bigger. I think they’ll still look good though.

Sumfknguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked these up for my 2021 Tahoe. Got them in Gloss black on the edges, and flat black in the middle. I don't see where they do the Z71 badges however. These are OEM badges that were taken apart and painted.

OP
OP
H1Chester

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked these up for my 2021 Tahoe. Got them in Gloss black on the edges, and flat black in the middle. I don't see where they do the Z71 badges however. These are OEM badges that were taken apart and painted.

@Sumfknguy those look pretty nice I saw those on the internet too. I'd definitely get those too but I want to get a glow tie in the near future. If they had the rear replacement by itself I would probably get it. Otherwise thinking of wrapping the bowties instead.

If you pull off the front grill for the install please post photos. Hopefully a mod posts a tech DIY thread with links soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts