Where is my RPO sticker? 2012 Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

afishinado

Reaction score
Need to find my rear gear ratio and tow package. I keep reading the sticker is in the glove box, it's not and I can't find it anywhere. Help appreciated. Also paid $5 to get it on line just find out the list stopped before mine was built.....
Thanks

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be in the glove box. If not, you can give your VIN to the dealer and they can print all of them out. I think there's something online you can do that to as well

TomD-NC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The dealer will print you a copy of the Build Sheet for free. Take your VIN.

OP
OP
afishinado

afishinado

Reaction score
I feel like a dummy (not unusual). I went out and looked again, this time in the daylight and the sticker is right in the glovebox, it's grey and I just couldn't see it before... Got the info I needed.
Thanks guys

I got the 3.08 rear, no trans cooler.... 5200 lbs cap.... Was hoping to see it had 8100lbs.
I want to buy a toy hauler, 4200lbs dry... We have two Harley's at 800lbs+/- each. I think I can get away with taking both occasionally.... Not even going to hesitate with just one. Plan is to tow it next summer about 8000 miles, making four stops that are about 10 days each. Would love to take both bikes, but not the end of the world if we just take one, she don't mind riding with me... Wanda ya think? This winter I think I'll try it with both bikes on a couple short runs, watch the trans temp and see what happens

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really want to do both bikes, I don't see why you couldn't.

Before the trip I would get

- air lift helper bags to help the suspension out
- aftermarket transmission cooler
- weight distributing hitch

I'd be fine with the gears unless you REALLY want them just to have them

OP
OP
afishinado

afishinado

Reaction score
If you really want to do both bikes, I don't see why you couldn't.

Before the trip I would get

- air lift helper bags to help the suspension out
- aftermarket transmission cooler
- weight distributing hitch

I'd be fine with the gears unless you REALLY want them just to have them

I agree... Was researching the trans coolers. Looks like i can buy the OEM set up from GM parts direct for under $200 http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm
Might also get B&M's aluminum finned trans pan just for good measure.

I pull my boat (4500lb) with about the same tongue weight, I think everything else would be okay. So I agree with you on the axle ratio, afterall the SOB has a 6 speed trans, we'll use it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz