Where do you get your oil changed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the first oil change in the Yukon DMax a couple of days ago @ 1300 miles. 7 quarts of Delco Dexos-D and a Delco Gold oil filter.

I’ve changed plenty of oil in my days and this rig is as easy as it gets. Mess free, easy access to everything, no special tools or removing shields, covers, etc. A+ design from the Duramax engineering team.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What makes it even easier? A quick flow valve with a spout tube that goes right into your waste oil container. I can change mine in 15 min and be ready to dump my waste oil at Advance auto 5 min down the road. 7 qts out, new WIX filter, 7 qts in, reset oil minder, and you are good for a long time.

DmaxDenaliXL

Reaction score
Whose valve are you using? I’ve always dabbled with the idea but never pulled the trigger on one.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the EZ-107, valve on Amazon. Also bought the straight extension. Put a 3/8 tube on it and it works great.

Rizop

Reaction score
What makes it even easier? A quick flow valve with a spout tube that goes right into your waste oil container. I can change mine in 15 min and be ready to dump my waste oil at Advance auto 5 min down the road. 7 qts out, new WIX filter, 7 qts in, reset oil minder, and you are good for a long time.
Thanks for this info ! Changed the oil for the first time a month and a half ago and it was so easy . Simply crawled under the car lol .

The only reason it took 45+ minutes was the waste container process and not trying to be an idiot and make an enormous mess :)

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i Used to use old milk jugs and use an awl to poke a vent hole in at the top of the handle. Goes right thru the funnel like lightning. Piece of tape over the hole and off to advance auto…it worked but valve is better…

OBSSSD

Reaction score
Just curious where people are getting the diesel oil changed? I’ve used the dealer 2x now, which is atypical for me (usually 30-50% more for standard oil changes there). But with the diesel, I feel like I’d rather use the dealer. I called Goodyear and Firestone. Goodyear had no idea “we’ve never done one”, and Firestone said $200, which is $40+ higher than the dealer. I’m not interested in a DIY for the diesel. It is a small benefit to have the maintenance records in the GM system.
In my garage, there is so much clearance on this truck no reason to pay anyone else to do it :)

Texanfisherman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
DIY is the hot ticket. Not worth the cost or the time at the dealer. The local dealer left the filters loose and oil levels wrong 5 times between 2 separate vehicles. I need better reliability than that. Don’t be intimidated by the fuel filter either. Piece of cake.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just call the shop at work, they come over and get it, and return it when they are finished. Perk of owning a company with a garage for company vehicles.

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using the dealer while still under warranty. If I were to take my 2021 LT Duramax Tahoe somewhere else and then I had a claim - even an unrelated one - I am afraid GM would try to wriggle out of its repair obligation. I am probably paying 50% more at the dealer's, but if I have trouble, I can honestly say to the service manager "no one has ever done anything with this engine except your mechanics". This engine is getting to be pretty common, but I am still going to wait for the warranty period to expire before I have my regular mechanics to do routine maintenance. Yes, I could change the oil myself and I probably will, just not for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues