When is enough to let go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomloans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard a few top execs left Rivian. The company has lost billions and can't fill orders due to parts and supply chain.Let's hope you get yours!
This is somewhat old news and they are doing pretty good now...

tomloans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't do the the heavy duty stuff anymore. I pay someone to handle it. For instance I had a major real seal and oil leak at the very same time. It was leaking bad. It cost me $2500.00 and it was worth it. You should do the same and spend a few thousand dollars and few more if needed to completely button it down and pocket the $70,000. Or enjoy life with a brand new vehicle. That would also be awesome. Both decisions are good!

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is somewhat old news and they are doing pretty good now...
They are doing a lot better now.. Stock prices are going up..

I bought some shares March 2022 at 47 bucks. Got 1700 Shares. 47x1700=$79900
Todays value 1700x25=42500

But..
I bought 6150 shares June 2023 shares at 13, 6150x13 = $79950
Todays value 6150x25=$153750

Invested = $159850
Current Value = $196250

Im on the rebound baby! My new stocks almost pay for my entire investment!

tomloans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently they arent.. But I ordered one pre-price gate (3/1/2022), they were about 17-30k cheaper, depending on options. The one I have speced is 76000, with a 7500 rebate.

68500 plus tag/tax/title.. Its about the going rate really... And still goes 0 to 60 in 3.3 secs.

But now I just have to wait for my order to be fulfilled. Current ETA is 1st quarter of 2024, but am supposed to be getting an update on that by the end of the month.
Well the minimum cost of a RS1 is $78,000 plus about ( roughly ) 5% for tax license and registration in Colorado. So if you buy one with no frills, it is about $84,000 minus a $7500 refund on your taxes. So out the door is about $76,000. $6,000 more if you want the 321 miles battery, $82,000 total without any other frills. Otherwise your battery will only take you...260 miles. In either case, this is quite a bit of money. Plus the complaints are that it rides rough and noisy. If I pay that much money, the vehicle better be perfect. Here is one of many comments...

"But the poor ride quality, annoying road noise leave a lot to be desired. You feel every bump, pothole on the road. I asked the dealer guy sitting next to me if I had been driving in the wrong mode and if the mode needs to be changed , he said this is the smoothest mode available."

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the minimum cost of a RS1 is $78,000 plus about ( roughly ) 5% for tax license and registration in Colorado. So if you buy one with no frills, it is about $84,000 minus a $7500 refund on your taxes. So out the door is about $76,000. $6,000 more if you want the 321 miles battery, $82,000 total without any other frills. Otherwise your battery will only take you...260 miles. In either case, this is quite a bit of money. Plus the complaints are that it rides rough and noisy. If I pay that much money, the vehicle better be perfect. Here is one of many comments...

"But the poor ride quality, annoying road noise leave a lot to be desired. You feel every bump, pothole on the road. I asked the dealer guy sitting next to me if I had been driving in the wrong mode and if the mode needs to be changed , he said this is the smoothest mode available."
Im locked into a price of $75500 on my R1S. Large Pack, 4 motor, white paint, black fuex leather. Only paid option I am adding is a wall charger for 500, bringing the total to 76000.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not that anyone would want to spend the money I'm sure, but aftermarket tires might go a ways toward silencing and smoothing out the ride. Installing Dynamax might also help. You might even find an aftermarket shop that could help with more compliant suspension.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that anyone would want to spend the money I'm sure, but aftermarket tires might go a ways toward silencing and smoothing out the ride. Installing Dynamax might also help. You might even find an aftermarket shop that could help with more compliant suspension.
You do make a valid point. The Pirelli tires they come with out of the factory are absolute garbage!

OP
OP
DadsToy

DadsToy

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that @DadsToy. I've been thinking about similar situations to this the last few days.

With these trucks now 20 years old and a lot in the 200-250k range, and needing another "refresh" do you think there is a demand for either current owners to pay for a mild refresh or new to nbs owners to purchase a refreshed model with those kind of miles? It seems most on this forum perform their own work, but I still see a ton of nbs's everyday and can't imagine everyone does this.

It seems that even with the high mileage, if cared for the trucks still have a lot of life left. I guess the question is are the trucks liked this much for people who don't do their own work to continue to invest in them even at this age and mileage?

I've been see a lot of good looking hoes, Denalis, and escalades being parted out and at the pick and pull in my area and I hate to see it.

Sorry to hijack the thread!
Car company's are out pricing themself. People are more app to purchase a used well taken care of with records car. Those cars people are buying up fast. So if you have a high mileage car. But was taken care off inside and out. You can put your price on it and it will sell. I used to be in a spot financially where I had to buy cheap cars and fix them up to keep them running. Now getting up in the years. Its harder for me to do the work. So out sourcing the work is hard for me to do. Now I am buying 2016 cars with high price tags. But I don't have to do any work to them. If I do its very limit work. Anything big comes up. I'll out source it. That's when it's enough is enough. But I still favor the older cars. Simple easy to work on and has good style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons