Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Double3

Reaction score
I have a wheel that is getting corroded and wont hold air for very long. I hate to spend too much on a 2007 Tahoe that just turned 100K. It's still in good shaped with a place on the back wheel well that is starting to bubble underneath but I do want to drive it for at least a couple more years.

I've seen the replica wheels that are probably my cheapest option? Any experience with those? I would think a new wheel would stick out like a sore thumb so I would end up with 4.

Anyone have some good options for me? Know of a used one to match?

I believe these are the polished version.
kpTHQ4q.jpg

Looking at some pictures when getting one to post to show what kind I remembered that one of them had got a dent/crack on the rim a few years ago and we had someone fix that and I'm thinking that may be where it is corroding now that I think about it.

Thanks

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check wrecking yards they’re all connected. There are places that fix leaking wheels or DIY I wouldn’t spend the money on a new wheel. Also lots of them used on eBay and CL

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have you had the tire inflated and dunked at a tire shop? That way you could confirm if it's the wheel or the tire, and from where. If it's just a bead leak they can clean and seal those most of the time.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you had the tire inflated and dunked at a tire shop? That way you could confirm if it's the wheel or the tire, and from where. If it's just a bead leak they can clean and seal those most of the time.

This^^^.

But if you must buy another- local salvage, Craigs List, and Ebay should be enough to take care of you.

joe

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do a search for wheel repair in your area. I’m sure that can be repaired inexpensively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millert

Latest posts