Wheels, tires, and lift for 08 Tahoe with Z71 package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onemangang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to lift the truck a bit, and add new wheels and tires. I like the look trucks have when the tires are really wide. Anybody have any suggestions on how high a lift I need, what kind to buy, and of course tire and rim recommendations? Thanks for your help. I am thinking between 4-6" list at most. I am not a mechanic but common sense tells me that going cheap is not the way to get this job done properly. So I am willing to spend whatever it costs to do the job right.

Last edited:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you read through the recent threads? There is a lot of information there. Also it would help to list your expectations, truck use, budget, how high you are willing to lift. Your question has a broad scope.

Jakesmith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys im new here but i am really wanting some suggestions on how to go about lifting my hoe.

thanks Jake

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

i have about 4 grand to work with my list of mods that i still want is ----2-4 in lift, rock star rims (what ever will fit). all terrain tires.i also want a brush guard ,tinted windows,and blacked out headlights and tail lights......so far i have installed subs new black emblems and weather tech floor matts.

CREETO

Reaction score
like zed was saying... it depends on your budget, and what you're expectations are from the mods too... will be glad to offer any advice or help...

UofMZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]i have about 4 grand to work with my list of mods that i still want is ----2-4 in lift, rock star rims (what ever will fit). all terrain tires.i also want a brush guard ,tinted windows,and blacked out headlights and tail lights......so far i have installed subs new black emblems and weather tech floor matts.

if you go with a 4 inch lift, you will probably spend all your $4k on lift, install, rims, and tires - maybe even more.

if you do a leveling kit, you can easily do all that you want within $4k
leveling kit - $400 installed
rims/tires - $2000 already balanced
brush guard - $600
your other misc. ~$500

OP
OP
O

onemangang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you read through the recent threads? There is a lot of information there. Also it would help to list your expectations, truck use, budget, how high you are willing to lift. Your question has a broad scope.[/QUOTE
I drive my tahoe regularly, and I have a mercedes that I also drive. I switch between those two cars. I am think 4-6" lift. Budget is not a concern. I am no mechanic, but common sense tells me this is not something you want to take shortcuts on. I want the job done right.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the ccm is the best leveling kit out there

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive my tahoe regularly, and I have a mercedes that I also drive. I switch between those two cars. I am think 4-6" lift. Budget is not a concern. I am no mechanic, but common sense tells me this is not something you want to take shortcuts on. I want the job done right.

For the 4" and higher I will defer to Creeto, Gonzo and others. IMO most of the brand name lift kits are good. One of the main differences I found was the increase in the front track width with Rancho (as I recall), and the rear stays the same.

As for those looking at level kits, UofM has a good budget description above.

Good luck and keep us posted on the mods.

OP
OP
O

onemangang

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
like zed was saying... it depends on your budget, and what you're expectations are from the mods too... will be glad to offer any advice or help...

Hi there, my name is Joe. I was referred to you by other members of this board.I just recently purchased an 08 tahoe lt z71. I saw your truck, and that is the exact look I am going for. Aggressive, but not over done. I have looked into lifting it, but I quickly found myself overwhelmed. Suspension lifts, body lifts, leveling kits?????? The of course there are all the different brands. I am really at a loss as to where to begin.
I also liked that you stated you lost none of the ride quality. Also I am curious... does lifting the truck void the warranty?
The tahoe is a daily driver, along with a mercedes e-63. Budge is not a concern. I am no mechanic, but it seems common sense to me that this should be done right, or not at all.
thanks, joe

Kronix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a BDS 6" lift for my Z71 and I couldn't be happier. Lift, wheels & tires with install roughly $6K. BDS offers a lifetime warranty on all parts. Be happy to answer any questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae

Latest posts