wheel offset question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sidthekid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post but I have been reading for a little while. I have a 95 Tahoe 4x4 2-door. I am looking at doing some mods and currently need new tires. I figured I would buy some wheels to go with it but have little knowledge choosing the correct wheel with tire that will fit the vehicle without a lift...yet. I do plan on doing a 6" suspension lift in the future. I am looking at putting a 305/70/16 on it as I see that's the max you can go without a lift on this vehicle. I am also looking at different wheels. I came across one with a -20 offset. Will this give my tires a wider look? I am going with a 16x8 wheel. Should I have any problems putting the tire on the rim on the truck without any further mods? I hope I provided the necessary info. Thanks for the forum!

Rebelution

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-20 should be enough. You might have a little rubbing but nothing major. The wheels will stick out a little but not too much. It will definitely give it a wider stance because the stock wheels on the 4x4 are inside the fenders quite a bit.

Here's a picture of mine to give you an idea of what it will look like. It's got 285s on 16x8 with a -12 offset.

yukon24.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo