Wheel Delima

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asking for your guys help, especially those that have done something with wheel refinishing. I bought a set of OEM Sierra 20's and love the look of them from 10 feet, but they are pretty rough up close. Salt and having the wheel weights on the outside of the wheel at one point or another were not good to them. Anyway, was wondering what your opinions were on refinishing back to polished or have them powder coated the OEM silver color. Do you think they are a lost cause, or if I had them stripped and redone, do you think they will turn out okay? Don't want to throw away money on them if they aren't going to turn out nice in the end. Thank you!

Here are a couple pics of the worst wheel:

Yukon%20Wheel_zps2moyi1yy.jpg[/URL
]
Yukon%20Wheel%201_zpsuu4gp5an.jpg

Last edited:

04BUCKET

Reaction score
WON'T WORK...SELL ME WHEELS!!....KIDDING... ANY PROFESSIONAL SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THEM BACK TO SHAPE.

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Id powder coat them... Should be able to get all four sand blasted and powder coated for around $350 and they will look like new

OP
OP
Countryboy07

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WON'T WORK...SELL ME WHEELS!!....KIDDING... ANY PROFESSIONAL SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THEM BACK TO SHAPE.

I'll keep that in mind... LOL Might just leave them as is and find a set of OEM 22's and run these as winter wheels... Choices choices

Id powder coat them... Should be able to get all four sand blasted and powder coated for around $350 and they will look like new

There is a company local to me that quoted me $325 for my 18's on my VW to strip, sand, and powder any color I wanted. I'll check with them to see what they say. On these if I have them powdered, I'm leaning towards the OEM silver color.

I might have to see how these turn out and buy some around here.

I've seen wheels in about the same shape as these sell pretty cheap. I picked these up for $400 with pretty good tires from @massivespl. There are deals out there, just have to keep your eyes open.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Awesome wheels just strip the clear then polish them out again. If wanted clear them after polish. Shouldn't be much and less than powder plus the look factor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick