Whats your take on a JL 13w7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
Just did a box for one. 4 cubes at 33hz. Its okay I guess.

I would put a Fi Q in before I bought a JL 13W7.

There are others out there too.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
for a straight trade i dont see why not. Its a good/clean sounding sub.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
like I posted on FSC, just hope there is nothing wrong with the coils,soft parts,etc on a used W7, or you'll pay big bux for a rebuild.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not going to be getting it..the dumbass lives in florida...im not shipping a 80 lb sub down there and then having one shipped here..stupid..stay on your own local craigslist...

and i wasnt going to be buying it, it would have been a trade...it woulda been a good deal..newer, better sounding, smaller box, takes less power etc...but o well..ill live with the btl

WrenchGuy

WrenchGuy
Reaction score
The sub is hyped. JL took good advantage of it too.

Make a sub not quite a 15", make a coil just too big, add a special mounting procedure and can only be assembled with JL parts. Not bad of a choice in the marketing when you charge $310 more dollars to fix it and are the only one that can fix it.

So for the enthusiast not a great idea. For the money makin playas without a clue.....tight.

Just a high priced long throw subwoofer. I would trade for one but not a BTL.

lowAZhoe

Resident GM Tech
Reaction score
i have a 12w7 and love it. its in the JL high output box. got it from a pawn shop for $400. for the price i paid and for the sound i get out of it i think it was worth it.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Focal is another brand I would look at, That stuff can slam and if done right wont distort ever.

IM a Focal fan to the bone.. the jag has 5 sets in it.. lol.. but the subs are NOT whats youre lookng for...

I think you should trade for the JL.. do it maaaahhhnnnn

ahhh i just read your last post.. oh well.. just keep browsing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65