What's with the sunroof?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered, why does the sunroof only open 90% of the way when you [fully] press the button? It makes you reach up and press the button again to open it all the way. What's the point of that??

Conor

"Bob's your Uncle"
Reaction score
My 07 LTZ does not do that. If I push it ones, it goes all the way back.

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeeah mine does the same thing and I don't know why. At least it shuts all the way with one touch. I've seen some that only shut half way, then you have to press the button again to close it all the way.

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think it keeps the sunroof from moving to fast and hitting sumtin or messing sumtin up. if you think about it the way you sit at the seat when it does open the 90% it actually passes your head. it just seems out of place to me that it doesnt open all the way. i dont mind it maybe that extra 10% would catch sumtin like random bird shit falling by staying open that much LMAO think about it!!

RubyZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It does the "90%" to prevent annoying wind noise at 30 to 40 mph. Try it.

LVyukyuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Hey Ruby, I see an M6 in your sig line. I may have asked before for this, but do you have pics? One of my favs! Sorry for the thread hijack.

CPMS

Reaction score
I think RubyZ has it right. I had the same issue with my 07 Escalade and noticed that if you open the roof all the way and are doing 30-40 the wind noise is unbearable.

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Excuse me for not knowing?

Anyways I never knew that was the problem [hence this thread], so I always rolled down the rear left window to fix it.

wmgood64

BILL
Reaction score
I think it's if you just want to crack it a little for vent hitting the button the second time for full open or what they call full open!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buzarr