What's The General Wait Time From Order To Arrival These Days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 Yukon SLT 4wd Luxury Pkg Max Tow Pkg
Ordered Dec 28, 2021
Dealer allocation Jan 25, 2022 (was waiting for Max Tow allocation)
Gm accepted Jan 27, 2022
TPW was Feb 14, 2022 moved to Feb 21, 2022
Built Feb 24, 2022
Sent to rail yard Feb 24, 2022
Shipped on Union Pacific Feb 25, 2022
Arrived in Phoenix, AZ Mar 7, 2022
Arrived at dealer today Mar 14, 2022

Total 77 days!

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
GMC will stop taking orders in April for the 2022. The factory will have two months (May & June) to finish the orders with a TPW and switch over to the 2023 line. From what I have noticed gmc does waves of production. For example last week a lot of dealers had SLT but hardly anyone had Denali and around 50 diesels for the week.
Advanced technology package will be 0% until April but no date. So if your getting your order pushed for this year there is a good chance you have to remove that feature. I didn’t make 2021 and doesn’t look like I will make 2023 either. I have been first in line at my dealership but fully loaded diesel is like ordering a unicorn.
Oh well my car still works so I keep waiting
When do they start making 2023s?

GTPace500

Reaction score
GMC will stop taking orders in April for the 2022. The factory will have two months (May & June) to finish the orders with a TPW and switch over to the 2023 line. From what I have noticed gmc does waves of production. For example last week a lot of dealers had SLT but hardly anyone had Denali and around 50 diesels for the week.
Advanced technology package will be 0% until April but no date. So if your getting your order pushed for this year there is a good chance you have to remove that feature. I didn’t make 2021 and doesn’t look like I will make 2023 either. I have been first in line at my dealership but fully loaded diesel is like ordering a unicorn.
Oh well my car still works so I keep waiting
This is what my dealer told me too. I pulled my 22 order and am waiting for the 23. I'm thinking that at least for the initial run, GM has accepted contracts from all of their suppliers and at least a first batch will get built as specced. My dealer is fairly large and I know I'll have an allocation for my spec.

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is what my dealer told me too. I pulled my 22 order and am waiting for the 23. I'm thinking that at least for the initial run, GM has accepted contracts from all of their suppliers and at least a first batch will get built as specced. My dealer is fairly large and I know I'll have an allocation for my spec.
@GTPace500 you’re saying that you pulled your 2022 order and plan to order 2023 model since the suppliers have committed to the initial run of 23’s next fall? Does this mean that the 2022 production won’t meet all existing orders prior to cutoff? Sounds as if you’re voluntarily giving up place in the existing order line to take a direct chance at the 2023 production?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took delivery today of my shiny new 2022 Yukon 4WD SLT with Max Tow Package! It had a whole 2 miles on the odo. Good luck to all that have vehicles ordered, don't know what I would have done without all the help and encouragement from this forum waiting for it to happen!

RichM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yukon Reserve Package + Diesel ordered 03/02/2022: Asked dealer if they have an allocation and what position my order is in. Currently mine is #54. Expects it will take 6-9 months before build. If the build lapses into to 2023 builds, the order will be fulfilled as a 2023. Knowing this, I kinda hope it does.

Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wait you ordered your car in June/ July and still don’t have it?!?!?!

That seems very fishy. Are you sure the dealer even submitted the order

Yes, I confirmed with GM as well for each order. First one in 2021 then had to change it to 2022. I have made changes a couple times to accommodate constraints. Every order was submitted to GM and none have been accepted.

Elise201424

Reaction score
Yukon Reserve Package + Diesel ordered 03/02/2022: Asked dealer if they have an allocation and what position my order is in. Currently mine is #54. Expects it will take 6-9 months before build. If the build lapses into to 2023 builds, the order will be fulfilled as a 2023. Knowing this, I kinda hope it does.
Honestly there is .01% your order will be picked up as a 2022. Unless everyone ahead of you says they wait to wait. I have not even seen Ana location for a reserve package yet. Also diesel is like winning the lottery. If I were you I would double down and find a dealer that doesn’t have a long wait. I don’t know where your located but I have waisted a stupid amount of time on diesel and Yukon orders and I have a few dealers that have a short list. Pm me if you want options

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As long as the dealers aren't requiring a deposit or the deposit is refundable - I'd personally place multiple orders at a few different dealerships

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC