What's my best bet on brand for new front wheel hubs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to redo my entire front end. CVs, steering linkage, ball joints,wheel bearings, all that good stuff. Anyone have suggestions? Has anyone tackled this on their own before? I'm just looking to do this right and cover all my bases the first time before I do all this work and find out i should have replaced something while all this stuff was off. Also looking for advice in advance of buying ebay parts. I'll be doing the GMT-900 brake upgrade at the same time with ss braided lines and hopefully drilled and slotted rotors. I'm very hopeful that my Kon will drive like a brand new car when this is all said and done.

Just for conversation, anyone out there running aluminum driveshafts? I'm thinking of converting to aluminum. My theory is that since I have a 4wd it will a more significant difference than a 2wd but thats just my theory. I know I could get more power gains but I'm not really looking to dump any more money into my current motor as it has over 200k.

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the same to mine. Instead of doing upper ball joints I did upper control arms for only $20 difference using moog parts from rockauto.

As for the gmt-900 parts look at rockauto for new they really are that much cheaper than the dealership or parts store and only take a few days to get there.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so you got the upper control arm that came with ball joints already mounted? I was thinking about that but wasnt sure if that was the direction I wanted to go. I've been putting together a parts list from rock auto and i'm pretty pumped about the 2008 yukon donor that I'm getting. I decided to get the towing performance series brake setup for both the rear and front. slotted and drilled rotors all around. Its gonna be pimpin!!

M3kanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had drilled and slotted and didn't like them.

This is the back. They ate the Hawk pads in 6 months.
42959ac39b2aa5e5bfdd20ad69760aac.jpg

This is one of the front rotors that cracked within 3 months.
e5a7720c59c2b7aeebbdf899aafa4269.jpg

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
were the rotors and pads bought together? My understanding is that pads and rotors need to be designed to acommodate one another when drilled and slotted is being used.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm....I wonder why they cracked? Whats your driving habits?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jnice28