What'll it take...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metelhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update...all new cooler lines, fluids and axle seals Done....amazing...and maybe just my imagination but the truck just feels tighter, snappier and altogether happy to go....
Gave it a good washing, waxed the windshields...starting to feel and look renewed, with a few more steps to go should round it out well- can't wait.

- new Eibach sway bar bushings should arrive this week
-And I'll be ordering all the front control arms/ball joints this week as well....

View media item 26321View media item 26319

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, as soon as I install the LED lights which will arrive Tuesday, and once I actually attach the dangling defroster tab to my rear hatch glass, I'm done except for doing the BBP tune in early May.

Pretty much all maintenance is up to date. All systems are functional and running well, except for the failed power-folding feature on my driver-side mirror. I'm sure it would be good to go with a new drive gear, but that's not a job I'm tackling and I don't care about the power-fold feature anyway. Time to just enjoy the ride and save up some $$ for the new tires that I'll need by next winter. :)

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I'll start with the parts I have, then move to the most urgent needs :

1. Paint and install Escalade Vent caps
  2. Install new Pioneer 3800 double din, rearview camera, and bluetooth microphone.
Maintenance or Urgent:

1. Service 4x4, find issue for service code up to and including replacing module
  2. Top end engine clean / rebuild - replace gaskets down to intake, and knock sensors
  3. Install catch can
  4. Front End rebuild - bushings and bearings
  5. Front and Rear sway bar links and bushings
  6. NNBS brake upgrade - SS brake lines
  7. Flush and fill all fluids (except coolant which is all done)
  8. Upgrade interior lights to LED
  9. Upgrade Exterior headlights, tailights, and bumper lights
  10. Replace driver's and passenger seat bottoms, and heaters
  11. Cosmetic changes to cabin - Suede wrap and sound proofing
  12. Headers and exhaust replacement

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My "What'll it take" list is almost too easy.

2/3 drop, maybe some Spohn components and a Corsa exhaust.......DONE (ish, you're never really done modding a car until you sell it).

Problem is that "mod money" is now going to be "baby money" with my little one due in September and the issue with a new exhaust is start-up noise with a bedroom directly above the garage and baby's room right next to that room. Corsa start-up noise on a 6.2L might be a little too loud for a baby and I don't want my wife to chew my ass out because I wake the baby every time I go to work.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

2/3 drop, maybe some Spohn components and a Corsa exhaust.......DONE (ish, you're never really done modding a car until you sell it).

Problem is that "mod money" is now going to be "baby money" with my little one due in September and the issue with a new exhaust is start-up noise with a bedroom directly above the garage and baby's room right next to that room. Corsa start-up noise on a 6.2L might be a little too loud for a baby and I don't want my wife to chew my ass out because I wake the baby every time I go to work.

Congrats! I wish I could go back 20 years to when my wife and I had our first baby. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have freaked out as much. Lol

Newborn babies will get along with whatever the environment is, so don't worry. :)

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I wish I could go back 20 years to when my wife and I had our first baby. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have freaked out as much. Lol

Newborn babies will get along with whatever the environment is, so don't worry. :)

Thanks. If my baby inherits my wife's "princess and the pea" issue of being a ridiculously light sleeper the exhaust won't happen until baby is older. If the baby is more like me it'll be able to sleep thru thunderstorms that shake the house and in a few occasions tornado sirens. I actually don't sleep in the same bed as my wife and I'm all the way on the other side of the house because she's such a light sleeper and I snore like a freight train, she actually asked me if I could blink more quietly once because she was trying to sleep (not a lie and I'm not exaggerating for effect). Plus my wife has had to deal with a TBSS with headers and a full Magnaflow kit and a Silverado with a Magnaflow muffler dumped at the axle firing up under her at 6am everyday, she could use a break.
At the very least the 2/3 drop will come first once I save up the money and then the exhaust will be a tax return gift to myself sometime in the future. The only other things I'll do to the Escalade are tires but that's more of a standard maintenance item not a mod. I've already vinyl wrapped the faux wood, tinted the windows and converted almost every bulb to LED. That's the benefit of having an Escalade and liking the 22's on it, there's not much else I want to do to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Congratulations on the new coming addition.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered a set of exterior door handles, just so I'm ready for when one (or more) let go with no advance warning. The chrome ones are all over the Internet and very cheap, but you have to hunt & dig for Gold Mist. o_O
LOL

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Red Rocket you get the control arms and install 'em yet?

WTF?

Lolololol
I got them today but we're back to rain for at least another week so I won't be installing them this weekend. I measured them though and they're 1 9/16" wide. They're centered in the bushings so I'm not sure how much extra clearance there will be between the control arm and tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255