What to do AFTER carpet cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tan carpet drives me nuts. I spend HOURS cleaning it with a bissel suction type, and they are dirty the next day. Scotchguard? They look great wet, then I hate life the next day.

rabbiporkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to clean carpet professionally, and I have a professional dual vacuum carpet extractor I use for carpet and upholstery, and I can tell you from experience that Bissell doesn't make an extractor with strong enough suction to remove enough of the detergent. Also if you put too much detergent into your solution, even if you had a professional extractor you will still have soap residue left in the carpet. After the carpet dries, the soap residue attracts dirt, and dirt sticks to it. If you have spilled liquids and they soaked into the padding, no professional machine will clean it while in the vehicle. You need to remove the carpet from the vehicle and flush out the coffee or whatever until the water comes out clean, then you can clean the carpet. Stains will reappear if you use too much soap, or if the backing or padding has been stained.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
So will coke come off or softer pepper? I had sprite blow up in the back but since it was clear it didn't stain:)

04lade

Reaction score
From what ive read if u use a foam carpet cleaner its really hard to get it all out of the carpet and any time it gets wet or aggitated it starts working again. Use a liquid spray like Adams carpet and upholstry cleaner on the bad spots and just put straight water in the bissle machine is what i would do. Its been working pretty good for me n my tan carpet lol hope this helps

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at work i use dawn oxi diluted with water. or if its real bad we have the stuff called fireball i mix that with water too(carpets/cloth seats) . then use lil carpet foam in a can to lift the dirt/stain, then scrub (i have an air buffer with a brush head) then take an old dry towel to dry it up more, they both have a decent smell to haha, not every stain will come out no matter how hard ya try, its frustrating some days . fireball is like simple green but less harsh and more sudsy and better smelling :) the use of an extractor is very helpful but at 3-5k for one not very pocket friendly for a once in awhile usage, (yay having one at work) after it dryes we had dupont zonyl , idk how good it works cuz when im done, the car goes out to the lot and i usually dont see it again, and also never had people come back for an issue either.

Last edited:

johnyharman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had gone through the post. It is very nicePlease produce some more attachments about the topic for view detail information.

Last edited:

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is weird.

3 almost identical posts by 3 different people....hmm :think:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz