What to Buy for a Tech 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

Kwing

Reaction score
So Kwing, what are your issues that you can’t figure out?
My AC will run cold, then out of nowhere will basically feel like it's just recirculating the cabin air. It's intermittent, random, and frequent enough that the cabin never gets below about 90-95F.

Charge looks good, I can't catch the compressor cycling when it happens, near as I can tell all the blend doors are doing what they should, and near as I can tell the aspirator is doing what it should.

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What happens to the rear AC temp when this happens?
Does it also go warm or does it remain cold?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it is the 'near as I can tell' observation that gets you in trouble. LOL

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My AC will run cold, then out of nowhere will basically feel like it's just recirculating the cabin air. It's intermittent, random, and frequent enough that the cabin never gets below about 90-95F.

Charge looks good, I can't catch the compressor cycling when it happens, near as I can tell all the blend doors are doing what they should, and near as I can tell the aspirator is doing what it should.
what other diagnostics have you done? have you checked or replaced the headliner temperature sensors? if those are not performing correctly it can cause your issue.

TrybalRage

Reaction score
I just called techline support today about using my Tech2 (physical) with SPS2. Was on hold less than 5 minutes. Explained that I had read that there was a workaround for the SPS2 issue, the support guy knew exactly what to do and had me sorted in just a few minutes.

Now I just need to get the pass-through to work, lol. Keep getting errors halfway through programming a module. Might be because I'm running on a Surface Pro 7 over wifi with Windows 11. So tonight I'm going to hard-wire an older computer with Windows 10 and see if that works.

Edit: realized I posted this in the wrong thread, lol. Too excited that they actually got me hooked up so easily.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kwing

Reaction score
Turns out my issue was low charge, BTW. So much for my memory. When I looked up the actual temperature chart I was running about 10psi light on the low side. On a whim, I said F-it and went ahead and pumped it up another 10 and it worked like a charm.

I ASSuMEd I knew what the pressure should have been. I just forgot to remember I'm an idiot, that's all, LOL