What to ask dealer when ordering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sschevelle4

Reaction score
I could be wrong (it's happened once before) but I thought I read somewhere that a sunroof is only available as part of a package?
The way I see it, the sunroof is available as an option by itself on the Premier and HC trims. The lower trims seem to require a package with it. But I could be wrong as well, (I hope not)

selectsplat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said the only orders going through right now are the basic LT and LS with 5.3 and no luxury package. His guess was that they will start to open it up again, slowly starting this week, but who knows what it will be. My only hard requirement is the sport performance package, and I haven’t seen a single 22 go through with that yet anywhere.

Wileybird03

Reaction score
#1 thing? Make sure any deposits and orders are refundable and can be cancelled at no charge if you find something else.... as you very well might while waiting....
This right here! Make sure refundable deposit

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The allocation number will tell all Chevrolet dealers exactly how many trucks/suvs GM will build for them over next few months. Unfortunately, this does not constrain the dealership from pre-selling more than the earned allocation, as GM does not manage this process in any way. In other words, a dealer (knowing they only have two Denali’s arriving within the next six months) can pre-sell 20 and simply tell the customer that the order has been put in. For the 18 customers who are at the bottom of the list, they are at the mercy of whatever story the dealer tells them regarding the production of the vehicle. Dealers are under no obligation to disclose how many of their earned allocations are spoken for when making pre-order sales. As such, many dealers don’t disclose this information to the customer because if they did, you would probably walk right out the door.

gkuypers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had a 2022 Yukon Denali on order since August and I've been told by my dealer that it's scheduled to be built this week. I also had to remove the Advanced Technology Pkg. since currently this is only orderable a part of the Denali Ultimate and Denali Premium Pkgs. My options are Sunroof, Max Trailering and 22" wheels. As others have said I heard if you order a GMC Yukon Denali or SLT you can get more options tight now then you can get in the Chevy Tahoe models (High Country, Premium, etc.).

OP
OP
S

sschevelle4

Reaction score
The allocation number will tell all Chevrolet dealers exactly how many trucks/suvs GM will build for them over next few months. Unfortunately, this does not constrain the dealership from pre-selling more than the earned allocation, as GM does not manage this process in any way. In other words, a dealer (knowing they only have two Denali’s arriving within the next six months) can pre-sell 20 and simply tell the customer that the order has been put in. For the 18 customers who are at the bottom of the list, they are at the mercy of whatever story the dealer tells them regarding the production of the vehicle. Dealers are under no obligation to disclose how many of their earned allocations are spoken for when making pre-order sales. As such, many dealers don’t disclose this information to the customer because if they did, you would probably walk right out the door.

Thank you, that is really helpful. It’s exactly what I was worried about; the “you’re on the list, we’ll call you when it comes in” line. Hopefully they will tell me how many are allocated and how many would be ahead of me. I plan on going to the local GMC dealership this week as well. Only issue is the Chevy dealer is bigger, so I would assume they have more allocations.

dcyy

Reaction score
Thank you, that is really helpful. It’s exactly what I was worried about; the “you’re on the list, we’ll call you when it comes in” line. Hopefully they will tell me how many are allocated and how many would be ahead of me. I plan on going to the local GMC dealership this week as well. Only issue is the Chevy dealer is bigger, so I would assume they have more allocations.
You might also try going on the GM Build and Price site and building a Tahoe the way you want it. At the end (summary page) is a view inventory button that shows a close match to yours at dealers around a specified area. You may luck out and find something close within an acceptable driving range.

OP
OP
S

sschevelle4

Reaction score
You might also try going on the GM Build and Price site and building a Tahoe the way you want it. At the end (summary page) is a view inventory button that shows a close match to yours at dealers around a specified area. You may luck out and find something close within an acceptable driving range.
I’ve done that, there are maybe 3-4 within 500 miles that are actually on a lot and not “in transit.” Seems like they are either a stripped LS or $85k High Country. I go back and forth telling myself I’m too picky, and I should just buy one that I can find. But when spending 60-70k, I tend to be picky and only buy something if it’s exactly what I want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645