What size magnaflow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a flowmaster 50 series dual side outlet on my yukon and it`s rusting to pieces and ready to fall off.

I ordered the same system from advance auto and when it was delivered there was a pipe missing. A month later i still don`t have it`s replacement so i found a good local custom exhaust shop and he`s pushing me towards a magnaflow 18 inch muffler.

I`ve been researching sound clips and video`s and they sound pretty quiet compared to the flowmaster 50. I really like the way it sounds but my question is which magnaflow (14 or 18)will be close to how loud the flowmaster 50 is?

Also, Do they drone bad and i`ve heard that magnaflows get louder as they age. Any truth to that?

Thanks for any help, My appointment is for this thursday and i have to call him ASAP with what muffler to order.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of magnaflow but my guess would be that the shorter is the louder.

I'd go with the 14"

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
I have the magnaflow cat-back kit that is has the 19" muffler in the kit. I like the sound and it sounds deeper then the flowmaster 50 I replaced when it was rusted out. The kit sounds just as loud as the 50 series but doesnt drone as much as the flowmaster I had that was rusted out. I havent been able to tell that it has gotten any louder but maybe???

OP
OP
Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after watching many video`s and sound clips of magnaflow mufflers I decided to stick with flowmaster. At least i know i`ll like the sound. I`m having the new system made completely out of stainless steel so I didn`t want to have to go through the expense of changing the muffler if i hated the magnaflow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo