What size is the stock pipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get an magnaflow muffler for the Tahoe. Is the stock muffler a 3 inch pipe? I am looking at a part #12589. Does anyone have this on their Tahoe?

jmildoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i do have one of those on my truck except mine is single 3'' in dual 3'' out with a small Y pipe over the axle out the back.... all stainless of course..... I really like the way it sounds.... it gives it the sound a big car is supposed to sound like ya know... I would recommend it to anyone...

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Stock muffler pipe on 07-Up Tahoea/Yukons is 2.75" in diameter.
I'm 100% positive because I did the research before I ordered my muffler.
You can get your muffler pipe size in 2.5" or 3", some muffler shops supposedly can't decrease pipe size but can expand them so I suggest 2.5".

OP
OP
quick66ss

quick66ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. The shop I deal with can get the 3 inch to mate with the stock 2.75 no problem. The 3 incher it is.

Thuhreb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you end up getting that magna flow 12589 muffler for your 2007 Tahoe? My wife will be driving it half the time and she is worried that a new muffler is going to make it too loud. What do you think? Also did you have to do anything else when you had it put on? Did you have to get a piece of pipe bent or a new tip?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n