What size condenser should I buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noggles

Reaction score
So I am looking to do an ac rebuild on my truck and am looking for the correct size condenser. The one on my truck measures 30" core only but everything I am finding online shows that a truck with rear a/c controls needs a 35" core. There are 30" core condensers but they all say for trucks without rear air or rear controls. I don't know how a 35" core condenser would even fit in my truck.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am looking to do an ac rebuild on my truck and am looking for the correct size condenser. The one on my truck measures 30" core only but everything I am finding online shows that a truck with rear a/c controls needs a 35" core. There are 30" core condensers but they all say for trucks without rear air or rear controls. I don't know how a 35" core condenser would even fit in my truck.
It's possible someone changed it and the core support at some point in time. If you are certain a 34" won't fit, put the smaller one in then.

I have the generation after yours and there is plenty of room. There are also tar paper like baffles that do not allow air to escape and flow around the radiator for maximum cooling efficiency. Keep that in mind when making the repair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo