A/C Condenser recommendation needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gwoods27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got a 2003 Tahoe z71 that I’m in the middle of replacing my AC compressor that gave out. While I’m at it I’m also replacing my leaky evaporator in the rear unit. So after some research, I’m finding out it’s really worth replacing the condenser rather than just flushing. I’d like to get the best one out there. There are 2 different AC Delco ones out there. Both claim to be for tahoes with rear AC. One has 864.0 MM Core Width, the other not. The one with 864.0 MM core width is like a $100 more. Is it worth it?

OP
OP
G

gwoods27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

The wider one lists a couple RPO codes that could be different from the other. I would check your RPO codes to make sure.
OK here are the codes
$247
AC Delco A/C Condenser
Part Number: 3734-02906497
Brand: AC Delco
Notes: A/C Condenser -- New; A/C FRONT AUTO/AUX CONTROL (CJ2), A/C FRONT MAN/AUX CONTROL (CJ3), REAR AUXILLIARY A/C (C69); 864.0 MM CORE WIDTH

$141
AC Delco A/C Condenser
Part Number: 3734-02762146
Notes: A/C Condenser -- New; EXCEPT AMBULANCE PACKAGE (YF2), REAR AUXILLIARY A/C (C69); A/C FRONT AUTO/AUX CONTROL (CJ2), A/C FRONT MAN/AUX CONTROL (CJ3)

$147
AC Delco A/C Condenser
Part Number: W0133-1941434
Notes: Genuine GM -- w/ Auxiliary Rear A/C (RPO C69)

My Codes: CJ3 and C69
1693081243144.png
Which one should I get?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Based off the RPO codes, the only difference is the ambulance choice. Heavier duty for a bigger rig. Either would work and I would assume the bigger one would disipate heat better but may also require a heavier duty fan clutch or fans.

OP
OP
G

gwoods27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Based off the RPO codes, the only difference is the ambulance choice. Heavier duty for a bigger rig. Either would work and I would assume the bigger one would disipate heat better but may also require a heavier duty fan clutch or fans.
That makes sense, so this one is the right choice:
$141
AC Delco A/C Condenser
Notes: A/C Condenser -- New; EXCEPT AMBULANCE PACKAGE (YF2), REAR AUXILLIARY A/C (C69); A/C FRONT AUTO/AUX CONTROL (CJ2), A/C FRONT MAN/AUX CONTROL (CJ3)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That makes sense, so this one is the right choice:
$141
AC Delco A/C Condenser
For your stock situation, yes. If you check the fan clutch options or electric fan options and see there is a difference for an ambulance, then stick with the stock option. It will give you good service on your stock rig.

OP
OP
G

gwoods27

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For your stock situation, yes. If you check the fan clutch options or electric fan options and see there is a difference for an ambulance, then stick with the stock option. It will give you good service on your stock rig.
Good deal...Thanks for the help!