What oil filter do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Oh wow. Someones age is showing. LOL
Kinda reminds me when my youngest boy and I went to see Bootsy Collins. Funkadelic y'all.:chewie:

From the guy who started the "how old are you" thread! You still got me beat, old timer...J/k! Love me a funky jam, though. Even if it's about counting to 12 (thought @Galante & @iamdub could use the help). Let's just say I have had more than one audition where multiple older black dudes look at me like, "Wtf?!" and then say, "you're hired." maybe just the genes... My dad was born and raised in SA. Dunno, you feel it or you don't. Boots and Larry own it. Check out Oteil Burbridge. Damn....

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually use ac delco. My mechanic was fixing an oil leak i couldnt do myself and he secided to change the filter. He used a cheap car quest filter. When i got my truck back my pressure which was normall lowest at 35 was dropping down to 10 at idle. I changed the filter to a k&n and all is good now.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I usually use ac delco. My mechanic was fixing an oil leak i couldnt do myself and he secided to change the filter. He used a cheap car quest filter. When i got my truck back my pressure which was normall lowest at 35 was dropping down to 10 at idle. I changed the filter to a k&n and all is good now.

I just read your other thread about ticking and was going to tell you that after reading this post to go back to am AC Delco and see if your ticking stops.

Chetrick87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read your other thread about ticking and was going to tell you that after reading this post to go back to am AC Delco and see if your ticking stops.

the ticking originally started with the delco filter on

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
the ticking originally started with the delco filter on

That's strange... my ticking started with an oversized K&N oil filter and I put an ACDelco back on and the ticking went away for a while but ultimately came back so I guess perhaps it was just a coincidence. My ticking would only start after about 20-30 mins of idling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019