What Motor Oil is everybody using?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last oil change I used Mobil 1 full synthetic 10w-30. This time im going with Castrol Syntec 5w-30. Tough Guard Fram filter every time though. :)

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobile 1 Full Synthetic Extended 5W-30 with K&N Oil filter

Yeah man, K&N oil filters all the way.

I use Royal Purple 5w-30 in both my trucks, as well as K&N oil filters. It's a pricey oil change, but well worth it in my opinion.

TahoeJim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 5w-30, but next winter I may use 0w-30.

Cost isn't too bad, $27.00 at Advance Auto when they have the 5 quarts + Mobil 1 filter on sale, dealer across the street from Advance charges me $6.00 labor to change the oil/filter, dispose of it, etc.

Just got back from having it changed this morning and a free car wash as well. Not a bad Saturday morning so far, even had the dogs along for the ride!

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 5w-30, but next winter I may use 0w-30.

Cost isn't too bad, $27.00 at Advance Auto when they have the 5 quarts + Mobil 1 filter on sale, dealer across the street from Advance charges me $6.00 labor to change the oil/filter, dispose of it, etc.

Just got back from having it changed this morning and a free car wash as well. Not a bad Saturday morning so far, even had the dogs along for the ride!

I was told it was better to use a higher w in the winter, not less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645