what lift kit is best for the money?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nitronostrils

Reaction score
I am happy with my 6" trailmaster.. they cover every aspect needed..

I'm about to do a 6" TM on my 03, did you have to get extended brake lines? Also about the wheels I'm going with a 20x9, would a safe BS be about 4.5-5.0? Thanks.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do all the 6inch lift kits require cutting and wellding of the stock components?

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats interesting....I see it is a little more expensive to go with fabtech but if it is all bolt on then it may be worth it in the long run. Any cons to getting the all bolt on versus the cut and weld lift?

OP
OP
ryangt

ryangt

double team supreme
Reaction score
in answering, no, i did not lift my truck yet, still cant decide what to get. I really want a kit that is 100% bolt on so i can do the work myself. There is nothing i hate more than paying some yahoo to do work i know i can do myself. Also, it seems like the 6 inch lift across the board isnt very standard, some people have incredible differences in the final results... im looking to gain the most offroad ability possible.. I have lately been battling against BDS and Fabtech, i like the multiple shock setups..

anyways, pics whenever i finally do it. and if you guys have final lift pics of various kits, that would help alot.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fabtech seems to be a true bolt-on but its hella expensive compared to the others.

thegeneral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolt on kits are great, but from what i've heard you have to think about the factory geometry.

The cutting and welding is actually bringing everything down to where it should be. (ball joints, half shafts, control arms, etc.)

From what i've heard, the bolt on's are easy to install, but don't take into consideration that the way those parts left the factory is the way they should perform.

Extreme angles on ball joints, half shafts, and driveshafts will mean replacing them down the road.

I installed a set of keys on my Yukon at the same time as replacing the ball joints with MOOG. They lasted 4 months.

Geometry and angles is key in a lift. Dropping certain parts to keep the factory geometry is important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alejo2160