What is this electronic device in my 2006 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Electronics Experts,

I just got this 2006 Tahoe. I don't think Bluetooth was available in for 2006. I see this device attached at the cig. lighter hole. It does come out if I pull easily. What is it? I see it come on for awhile when I get in the car with my iphone. I'm thinking it is aftermarket - If I can find out the make and model maybe I can make it work.

Thanks.

Attachments

• phoneconnect.jpg
    phoneconnect.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 51

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
definitely aftermarket. Some type of bluetooth. You'll have to pull the console apart and find the brain of the unit to see if it's still hooked up.

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PP,

Thanks for the question. I pushed on one of the buttons (I think the center round button) and turned the Bluetooth on on my iPhone and got to a point where the iPhone asked for a code or password. I didn't know what to do at that point. I'm now thinking the likely code is 1234 but I don't know. I'm generally ignorant of how to pair/use Bluetooth. Sorry for the lame questions on Bluetooth. Is there a standard method/sequence to pair Bluetooth devices that all these devices follow?

Thanks again.
-Henry

Capt_Caveman

Reaction score
I'd look for a name on the device or use the Bluetooth connection name to do a google search. It's amazing what you can find with a few keystrokes.

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I tried to pair again the name "Ultimate Hands Free" came up. I tried 1234 but not 0000. Will try 0000 tomorrow. When I google that name devices come up and it seems the name of the company is Ultimate Hands-Free Solutions. There is a model that looks like what I have but is not in color. I've been googling around looking for a users manual or an actual company website. So far no luck. It could be they are out of business. Thanks for the replies.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked it up. It's definitely the UBT103. Can't find a manual but heck, it's only $25. Just buy another one, read the manual so you know how to use it, then resale it on ebay for $15-$20 as brand new lol.

OP
OP

2006Tahoe2WD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked it up. It's definitely the UBT103. Can't find a manual but heck, it's only $25. Just buy another one, read the manual so you know how to use it, then resale it on ebay for $15-$20 as brand new lol.

Good idea - I should have thought of that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper

Latest posts