What exactly is black bear tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have been hearing alot of people recomend bbt and talk about how good it is, i think i might just be an idiot but i cant figure what exactly it is? so can somebody please enlighten me?

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
start with blackbearperformance.com

its the best $350 you are ever going spend man! I shit you not!! After I got mine done, I was pissed that I waited so long to get it done

Its a custom PCM (powertrain control module) tune. Justin changes the timing, shift paterns, rpm range, torque managment and so on... optimizes your vehicles performance peramiters.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
start with blackbearperformance.com

its the best $350 you are ever going spend man! I shit you not!! After I got mine done, I was pissed that I waited so long to get it done

Its a custom PCM (powertrain control module) tune. Justin changes the timing, shift paterns, rpm range, torque managment and so on... optimizes your vehicles performance peramiters.

the best mod you'll do to your rig, plain and simple :)

Couldn't have said it better myself.....

When I first heard about BBP I was kinda skeptical and I didn't believe all the hype. This past summer they had a session in NJ and I figured since that was going to be the last time in my state until sometime in 2010 I figured what the hell and I signed up. Ever since the drive home which was about an hour I have a new love for my truck. Everyday im happy to drive it and nobody I know can believe how my 5000+lb truck hauls ass like it does.

All I can tell you is don't second guess it and do it ASAP!

OP
OP
99denali

99denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so to get it done what would i have to do?

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

btw thank you for the replies and info.

misspooh

Reaction score
looking into this for my truck. have a spare ecu. would like to know if anyone has had a problem with it on a 98?

09yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can they tune a 2009 GMC 6.2? I saw where he is comming to the Charlotte area in the next couple of weeks. That only a 100 miles or so from my house.

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
We're also planning a Norcal tune early next year but I have a question. I run 24" wheels and plan on taking them off for the winter. Is it best to have the wheels on when collecting the data for the tune?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid me, I thought it was a trained animal working on your truck, jk. CUSTOM tune of the ECU. Well worth the money as many people have stated and by far thebest upgrade to bring the motor to life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A