What does your rear carpet look like?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed when putting car seats in the back that the carpet between the second row buckets and third row is odd. It doesn't sit flush or seem to fit very well. It's very easy to pull up and show between the seems. Is it suppose to be like that? I guess I'll swing by the dealer and look at another to compare.

justinb181

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
mine is the same way. Strange for such an expensive vehicle not to even be glued down.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever had a vehicle that had carpet glued down. I can see maybe the pad between the carpet and the body of the vehicle, but not that actual carpet itself. It's usually molded to form perfectly to the vehicle.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the entire carpet in my 2006 Tahoe. Two molded pieces that meet under the 2nd row seats at the wheel with one piece slightly overlapping the other piece. Neither the OEM carpet nor the carpet pad were glued down.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea. It sucked. I put the husky liner in. So much better and now not a trip hazard...
Agreed kind of crappy for such an expensive truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sahidblack