What does one turn on the torsion bolt equal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballsie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolt is just right under the front seats in the that crossmember under the truck. You will see the torsion bar going from the lower control arm to the cross member under the seat. I got about 1/4 inch per turn on my truck(4 revolutions = 1 inch). Make sure you have the front wheels off the ground before you mess with the bolts. You can break the head off of the bolt and that is no fun.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bolt is just right under the front seats in the that crossmember under the truck. You will see the torsion bar going from the lower control arm to the cross member under the seat. I got about 1/4 inch per turn on my truck(4 revolutions = 1 inch). Make sure you have the front wheels off the ground before you mess with the bolts. You can break the head off of the bolt and that is no fun.

Sweet, thanks for the info bud! if i knew where it was I would have done it with the tires on the ground. Good to know thats a bad idea! lol Heard some people have a change in ride. ANyone notice if its too bad? And what about on a autoride truck?

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mob, you have to be right. its still wet and ive bene out of town so i havent crawled under there yet, but my front end is as low as thehoe92's and he's got 24s...i have 22's. i dont think the keys in there have any real tension on them at all, and so its sitting on top of the shocks. due to my unrelated remote start debachale, i hope to know something by wed afternoon.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make sure you have the front wheels off the ground before you mess with the bolts. You can break the head off of the bolt and that is no fun.

It makes no difference unless the threads are seized. If they are siezed, you'll probably break the head either way. For the record, I never lift mine off the ground.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i prob will just so i can squeeze under easier. or drive it up on some ramps

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think youre bottomed out on the shock.. honestly..

and Mob guessed it FTW...i knew you would!

ok, so the install shop is closed today so i couldnt get the remote start fixed. its in the low 40s but sunny so i went out to mess with the keys.

i had a sneaking suspision that this was the issue...it was slammed in the front...lower that youre supposed to be on just 22s w/ these keys. the keys were almost resting on the stop block things (dont recall their name). i lifted each side up almost 1.25 inches. its back to riding smooth again. doesnt look as good but holy shit it rides better. its worth the trade off.

i might go out and lower it again to take the .25 off and just leave it at 1 inch above total shit ride but thats another day. the front was so low that the front shocks could only go up. there was no give for them to go down.

thanks to Mob and the others for the advice. ill run it in for an alignment check this weekend.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
how did you get ur big ass under there lol

j/k glad you got it taken care if.

OP
OP
Narco

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know right! i drove it up on ramps. the final tweaks i just laid down and stretched my arm underneath.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:26 PM ----------

when i was at the car stereo shop last week a dodge ram parked next to me with some 6's...it made my shit look like tonka wheels! they looked soooo small, trick, your shit is gonna be like a wagon wheel when youre done.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
i know right! i drove it up on ramps. the final tweaks i just laid down and stretched my arm underneath.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:26 PM ----------

when i was at the car stereo shop last week a dodge ram parked next to me with some 6's...it made my shit look like tonka wheels! they looked soooo small, trick, your shit is gonna be like a wagon wheel when youre done.

yup lol

I stand like a foot taller than my truck now haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24