What Do You Like Better Barn Doors Or Hatch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Barn ftw! Looks great on 2 doors it makes them stand out. Not so much on 4 doors. ? It can be annoying sometimes though with the doors hitting you in the head. But they can take some abuse!

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have barns, but wish i had a hatch. i loved sitting on the tailgate in my old '84 K5 Jimmy

nimrodcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It can be annoying sometimes though with the doors hitting you in the head. But they can take some abuse!

No joke! I have nearly decapitated myself on the corner of my barn doors several times. I prefered the tailgate and lift glass on my '01 Blazer. But I'll keep my dangerous barn doors with the Tahoe instead of dealing with that problematic Blazer any day. :)

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
Hatch. No doubt. Just wish I could set the hatch opening height so I could opening it without hitting the open garage door when its inside.

-B

imtbear69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i have to say hatch 150% the barn door hinges just look tacky if you ask me,plus like a few have said a place to sit on the back is great

moviewithnotitle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Barn doors and personally love them. In the 2-doors they are hard to find with that config. I like them because putting items in and out of the truck is a lot easier on the back. I am not really bothered by the rather large blank spot in the rearview mirror, I know what everyone is talking about though.

I do respect the lift gates though. I had "another" unmentionable 2door model back in the early 90's and it had a lift gate. Hauling stuff, and tailgating was much nicer with a lift gate.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
barn doors FTW. I love them. no struts to replace. oh and ppl dont walk up to your truck and sit down at shows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas_Made