what do i sacrifice when i crank up my keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Yes, i will agree that it does shorten the life of your front end components but if you leveled your front end not lifted then you may have to start breaking stuff at 150,000 instread of 175,000. The only time i would tell someone not to level there truck was if they wanted to see over 500,000miles but other then thatr, watch your angles and make sure everything is tight. Lifting with the keys is a bad idea all together unless you buy all stronger componets able to deal with the added stress.

1BAD9T7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have had mine cranked up for about 6-7 years... 3/4 ton torsion bars and ford keys... Balljoints 1 time and bearings twice, no other issues...

I would suggest leaving it though, like mentioned, it is harder on parts when turned up.

Jason

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about turned down mine are cranked down and i have tire wear thats all ive noticed

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope the tires were already almost bald im gunna get one when i get new tires, and once i do more front end work...

BigbubbaYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I cranked mine up several months ago. 2 inch blocks in the back and 1.5 key lift up front with an alignment and put new 285's on it. So far so good, but for sure the ride is much stiffer and I've noticed more interior rattles which are very annoying. I took it in to my mechanic afterwards and had him check the CV angles and he said they were just fine.. Everything seems tight on it still even though the ball joints, pitman arm, etc. are still originals at 157,000 miles.
Maybe I'm just fortunate.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it will not instantly break. Post up a pic of those CV angles, We can give opinions. Mine almost lay flat right now.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it may help a bit, but it will still be stiffer. When cranking up torsion bars you are just loading them up more...or making them stiffer.