what do i sacrifice when i crank up my keys?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have much knowledge on suspension.

what are some things that would happen to the ride?
or anything else?

99COOP

Retired
Reaction score
stiffens the ride as the springs are under a greater tension. And the amount of wear all depends on how much you go up. anywhere over and inch or two and you wear both upper and lower balljoints excessively, put strain on the cv axles, wear tierod endlinks, and tires (if you dont realign, which is something you need to do).

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Dont Do IT. It messes everything up

Youll be fine, i have had mine cranked all the way for a year now and they have been fine. I wheel my truck all they time with 140,000 miles and no problems. The problems start when you crank ford or after market keys all they way. Just watch your CV angles.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not good advice at all. Cranking WILL wear things out a whole lot faster, check any off road forum.

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Im not saying you guys are wrong but it is a very common option for the ones who want to lift their truck for cheap. http://z71tahoe-suburban.com/iboard/ Check this site out and you will see that over 90% of the member here not only have cranked stock keys but cranked ford keys.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand that, ford keys allow the t-bars to be cranked further. Yes, it is a great way to gain a little lift, but anyone who has done it either way will face prematute wear and tear up front. Depending on how much you crank it may shorten a 10 year life span by a year or maybe more, but either way it is faster.

I always tell people t just be aware of this, that's all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7