What did you do to your OBS GMT400 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as i like the rallye’s i like the original alum’s on your truck but hey, who the f am i... it’s your truck. If you like, thats all that matters...lfted k5’s with rallye’s, raised white letter bfg’s .....that was a good looking combo tho....always loved that.
View attachment 222791

I've realized since I made the change that part of the reason (to me, anyway) the old Rallyes look better is that they're deeper.

joe

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird, i was looking at that pic of your truck a few days ago and thought the same....

The powdercoater took it upon himself to add some metalflake on these wheels. It doesn't show in this picture, but the wheels come alive in bright sunlight. It was a very nice added touch. I called last week and thanked them for doing it.

LOL The deeper style, like my '87 K5 had, would still look better though, especially with the flake.

joe

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my A.C back :head3: feels like it's been years. Well, it has since I garaged her for a while. Forum doesn't get much traffic anymore I see, smh.
There is more action on the parts of the forum dedicated to the more modern vehicles unfortunately. I am going to be trying to get my ac working again soon too. Gotta handle my stalling in the heat problem first. I'm thinking icm...

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's only 5 fittings, in and out of the condensor behind the front grille, in and out of the evaporator at the drier, and the manifold at the compressor. The high side quick connect on the manifold is prone to leaking, mine does, but also the low side could leak and there's another schrader fitting on the drier. Apart from that some trucks have had issues where battery acid leaked onto the line that runs past the battery from the condenser to the drier and corroded it. AS I already mentioned oil will come out where it's leaking. I can't actually see any oil on mine, but the compressor leaks in the center. You could have a leak in the evaporator coil or condenser coil but it's unlikely. My money is on the compressor

Edit: Could also be leaking from the high and low pressure switches. The high is on the drier, schrader valve I mentioned, and the low is on the back of the compressor.
Thanks I have not gone back to mess with this yet but I may use it for reference.
I can't see any obvious leaks I'll have to add some more and some UV liquid so I can find it.

I'm gonna be messing with it soon bc it's getting quite hot here. Over 100 the last several days.

Shadowz Edge

Reaction score
Nothing today except trying to figure out how I'm going to convert my front split bench to single buckets without much hassle in my OBS 99 Tahoe

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been hitting the salvage yards to find parts to support my 2 door Tahoe manual to power window conversion.
I really wish i had a good yard close by and the time to peruse. I'd love to find a 60/40 bench from a newer truck with an armrest for my rcsb.

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's only 5 fittings, in and out of the condensor behind the front grille, in and out of the evaporator at the drier, and the manifold at the compressor. The high side quick connect on the manifold is prone to leaking, mine does, but also the low side could leak and there's another schrader fitting on the drier. Apart from that some trucks have had issues where battery acid leaked onto the line that runs past the battery from the condenser to the drier and corroded it. AS I already mentioned oil will come out where it's leaking. I can't actually see any oil on mine, but the compressor leaks in the center. You could have a leak in the evaporator coil or condenser coil but it's unlikely. My money is on the compressor

Edit: Could also be leaking from the high and low pressure switches. The high is on the drier, schrader valve I mentioned, and the low is on the back of the compressor.

Was leaking at the Schrader valve high side. Got that to seal. Gets nice and cold now but looks like it could be leaking at the compressor.

20190617_185026.jpg

Last edited:

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it working. Not unusual for the compressor to leak a little. If it lasts a season you're golden :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk