What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My neighbors/wife backed into the burb a couple of weeks ago while it was parked on the street. Ya know, because its not noticable or anything...anyhow, drove it to work today and took it to a body shop to get (another) quote and schedule the repair. Also getting some of the wheel well cancer that's developing sanded down and painted.

2019-05-03 14_09_53-Photo - Google Photos.png

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished installing the Monroe MA830 Air Shocks. My truck had the original ten-year old shocks that looked horrible. Took about an hour. Garage floor to rear fender bottom is 37.25”. 20-psi gives me that back. I’ll be curious to how this will hold up trailering.

I paid $44.57 for the pair (Amazon) plus $18 for the AK29 tubing kit from my local AutoValue.

2eb2c400cd9c0bae9f2d7a320120224a.jpg
6f5508d7e2fc027c65e903a0907e698c.jpg
20dd49418198a297216195c9812e19d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
So after replacing the window regulators, now my switches are ******. Might have been the problem all along. Replaced both rear switches and they worked for a bit. Then the front switches rear windows stopped working.

Just replaced the switch with a brand new oem switch. Thoughts? Do these need reprogrammed at the stealership?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after replacing the window regulators, now my switches are ******. Might have been the problem all along. Replaced both rear switches and they worked for a bit. Then the front switches rear windows stopped working.

Just replaced the switch with a brand new oem switch. Thoughts? Do these need reprogrammed at the stealership?
you need a tech2 to test them :hmm:

CHOO CHOO

BackPagePhil
Reaction score
you need a tech2 to test them :hmm:
Figured. Well, I took apart my old switch, cleaned all the contacts and still nothing. So, I tested one of the old window regulators. Now it works. So new switches in rear, cleaned the contacts on the old switch, and put the old regulator back in on the passengers side rear.

Sadly, not worth me trying to ship back a $35 window regulator. Unless they just want to credit me and I toss the new one.

Tried both of the old regulators and they worked with the new switches in the back. So it has to be the motor on the new window regulator I bought.

Well, at least my window goes up all the way..........for now [emoji849]

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Figured. Well, I took apart my old switch, cleaned all the contacts and still nothing. So, I tested one of the old window regulators. Now it works. So new switches in rear, cleaned the contacts on the old switch, and put the old regulator back in on the passengers side rear.

Sadly, not worth me trying to ship back a $35 window regulator. Unless they just want to credit me and I toss the new one.

Tried both of the old regulators and they worked with the new switches in the back. So it has to be the motor on the new window regulator I bought.

Well, at least my window goes up all the way..........for now [emoji849]

I think the switch modules have load-sensing circuitry that rely on feedback from the motors. A defective and/or sub-par aftermarket motor might draw more amperage than the OEM motor, triggering the "breaker" circuitry in the switch module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TU1881