What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

owl_93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 32931 sorry I didn't see this earlier
No worries. I think halos would look fine. But maybe consider painting your grill guard one color. I would go with a dark ultra matte black and go for the black on blue look. That would clash less with the halos and wouldn't distract from them. Also, they would stand out a whole lot better without the flashy chrome catching your eye or reflecting the halos

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk for Android

SlowD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since Jan when someone ran into my Denali I have been slowly bringing it back to life.
I have decided against repainting the whole front end and went with Satin black Avery Vinyl wrap, going as far as removing everything and installing new satin handles after the wrap in complete.
I am using 3M primer and edge sealer on every edge to insure the wrap will last a very long time.

It will probably take about a month to finish due to being so busy with work but it will be done right and I am doing some PDR on various panels.

This is where it is at now and one thing I can say is if anyone plans on taking off the cladding you will definitely need a 3M eraser wheel to get the rock hard double sided tape off of the body, took me about 2hrs to get it all off and cleaned up.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 31
  • FullSizeRender (20).jpg
    FullSizeRender (20).jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 32
  • FullSizeRender (21).jpg
    FullSizeRender (21).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 33
  • FullSizeRender (19).jpg
    FullSizeRender (19).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 32

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries. I think halos would look fine. But maybe consider painting your grill guard one color. I would go with a dark ultra matte black and go for the black on blue look. That would clash less with the halos and wouldn't distract from them. Also, they would stand out a whole lot better without the flashy chrome catching your eye or reflecting the halos

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 via Tapatalk for Android

That's a good idea, thanks for the help!

skyl3rm

Ahoy hoy
Reaction score
Got a new front windshield in both my 01 hoe and 03 yuk xl
both were cracked

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vote: May 2015 Truck of the Month.....

http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72301

Sponsored by Black Flame Customs HID Retro-fitter

blackflamecustoms_logo.png

Bomba02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted in a while...

Did a few things to the Denali:

1. First thing was i reinstalled my RTD fuse, i put 25w 3.9 ohm resistors in for fooling of the shocks. Had to reinstall my front height sensor so the light wouldn't be on. Let me say what a difference in ride. I didn't know that i had sensitive steering in the yuk which is controlled by RTD fuse. The steering gets stiffer as your speeds increase what a difference in ride the wheel feels firmer and the fronts not all over the place wish i did this 2 years ago. So if you have the RTD fuse pulled id look into it.

2nd. I replaced a broken rear djm sway bar link and set bolts at 30 pounds made sure it moved freely. Also removed the lower coil spring isolators to drop it a tad. Also did shock extenders and I'm even more happy with the rear end. It rides 10X better just smoother and trucks more stable.

Also did...

Esky vents:
IMG_3902_zpscoiejhjm.jpg
IMG_3903_zpsea8nazx0.jpg

Triple pillar pod: (working on ditching the screw caps)
IMG_3817_zpsnrhkb2za.jpg

To come:
-HD hood
-smooth rear wiper
-front lip
-hopefully motor mods

ediDJ13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed a Volant PowerCore CAI. I like it.
02a4d2ae1d886e0ea9975199ae30c394.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. First thing was i reinstalled my RTD fuse, i put 25w 3.9 ohm resistors in for fooling of the shocks. Had to reinstall my front height sensor so the light wouldn't be on. Let me say what a difference in ride. I didn't know that i had sensitive steering in the yuk which is controlled by RTD fuse. The steering gets stiffer as your speeds increase what a difference in ride the wheel feels firmer and the fronts not all over the place wish i did this 2 years ago. So if you have the RTD fuse pulled id look into it.

imma try this but you are running front autoride shocks or no? whats the setup and how would the RTD make a difference in ride without the autoride shocks up front?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10