What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easiest way--3M sells an adhesive/decal removal wheel. Definitely worth buying. Fits in your hand drill.
Funny story. I ordered this wheel several days ago to support this project. I saw a youtube video. Late this afternoon/early evening the package was delivered. Opened it up and it was two very pink as my wife would call them scrunchies, basically very fancy pony tail holders. Well, not a fan of pink, not my style and my hair is maybe a couple a mm's long - not something I could use. Just abut an hour ago my neighbor came over with my wheel. We are both Robert - so the mistake was made. Looking forward to trying it.

dps01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried Permatex Hedliner Adheisive spray along the top of door edge. It held for 2 weeks then failed.
Agreed.
Rattle can adhesive is problematic.
2nd time I ordered “professional” contact cement for headliners and used a cheap spray gun with an air compressor…

You only get one chance to get it right, but it seems to be working well.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed.
2nd time I ordered “professional” contact cement for headliners and used a cheap spray gun with an air compressor…

YouTube shows some good suggestions, how to apply. Basically, spray only the surface, not the material...... Don't use your fingers to 'lay' the material against the surface, use a very soft 'rolled-up' cloth to spread the material against the surface,..... etc.....

Then use a nail gun. o_O

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

I used 3m headliner spray glue on my 95 Bronco, the front headliner I installed right after I glued and it started to come apart in the heat, the back one I let sit for 3 days then reinstalled after reading up on advice. All turned out fine in the end.
Gluing new headliner is totally different then trying to re-glue old headliner.
3M spray you spray both sides like a contact cement FYI.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I used 3m headliner spray glue on my 95 Bronco, the front headliner I installed right after I glued and it started to come apart in the heat, the back one I let sit for 3 days then reinstalled after reading up on advice. All turned out fine in the end.
Gluing new headliner is totally different then trying to re-glue old headliner.
3M spray you spray both sides like a contact cement FYI.
And let it tack up before putting both sides together. 3M is good stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kkkkpppp