What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have noticed my OP @ about 30 at idle and just over 45 psi when rolling. My rig over 260k but the pump and timing set were done before I took ownership of it about 3 years ago
When it gets to 10psi at idle you should probably quit driving it and get it figured out. Had a guy tell me mine was probably some seal at the front of the cam or something. But I haven't noticed any leaks.
I found a motor, tranny, and transfer case out of a wrecked truck that supposedly has 90k on it for 500 bucks. Thinking about going to check it out

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
When it gets to 10psi at idle you should probably quit driving it and get it figured out. Had a guy tell me mine was probably some seal at the front of the cam or something. But I haven't noticed any leaks.
I found a motor, tranny, and transfer case out of a wrecked truck that supposedly has 90k on it for 500 bucks. Thinking about going to check it out
Super cheap. Have you heard it running? Can you confirm the mileage? Maybe try to run a carfax with the vin number.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will keep that in mind.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's cutting into my non-existent budget!
you can get a 5.3l engine with free shipping for $700 on ebay all day long, your mechanic source has lost there dam mind, most yards sell these for $600-800
all you have to do is look at the 8th digit in the vin and find a matching letter engine, most common is vin T plug-n-pray.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
did you try heat? either a torch or take it for a good fast run and a torch, drive like I do and it should come out lol
I went to use my map gas--bought a brand new tank--and the brass nozzle was no good. I couldn't get it to stay lit. FML. That should've been my clue right there. I also had my special o2 sockets out. Didn't work either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19

Latest posts