What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The flashing MIL was a random cylinder misfire code.

Been watching cam bearing videos, I guess my first step is buying a cherry picker.
flashing cel is like two things almost always, you needed a tune up like 6 months ago, or your cats are clogged up.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flashing cel is like two things almost always, you needed a tune up like 6 months ago, or your cats are clogged up.
It has been throwing a catalyst code, for like 500 miles. I figured this was related to the low oil pressure, but maybe not.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has been throwing a catalyst code, for like 500 miles. I figured this was related to the low oil pressure, but maybe not.
low oil pressure should not be causing misfires or cat codes.

if its not knocking yet, op is not that low. most gm techs will tell you 6-7 psi at idle is acceptable. as long as it goes up when driving it.

then again, these trucks are known for the o ring going bad on the oil pump pick up tube to pump.

05 Tahoe LT

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score

if its not knocking yet, op is not that low. most gm techs will tell you 6-7 psi at idle is acceptable. as long as it goes up when driving it.

then again, these trucks are known for the o ring going bad on the oil pump pick up tube to pump.

05 Tahoe LT
Already changed the o-ring, my oil pressure has crept down from 20 at idle to 0 the other night, died at the toll booth and was knocking afterwards. So it probably just needs cats and the engine rebuilt really. Eventually I will have replaced everything though I guess

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Already changed the o-ring, my oil pressure has crept down from 20 at idle to 0 the other night, died at the toll booth and was knocking afterwards. So it probably just needs cats and the engine rebuilt really. Eventually I will have replaced everything though I guess
damn that blows. back to that cherry picker plan. around here ive got rental places where i used to rent a hoist before buying one. used it a couple times and now it sits.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score

05 Tahoe LT
I have noticed my OP @ about 30 at idle and just over 45 psi when rolling. My rig over 260k but the pump and timing set were done before I took ownership of it about 3 years ago

chevync

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still around, just haven't been here for awhile. I still have my escalade, bought it 6 years ago with 105k, now she only has 128k. I did buy a set of springs for the rear, supposed to be 2" and ended up being 3". I also added the 2" shock extenders and the shortend level bars, I'll probably just add some 2" spindles this coming spring.

Attachments

• 20201023_154443.jpg
    20201023_154443.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660