What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Yes and no, in an accident you don't need a phone on you, the rest you need the app but you only get a few features on a 2005 model with onstar even before this. Nowadays who doesn't have a phone on them tho?
So when you get in an accident and your not on your phone with the app open how do they come on and say is everybody ok like they used to.What happens if the phone is destroyed or thrown out or in your pocket lol.Back in the day i used to love onstar because of my poor cell phone service which i still have with at&t.I did really like the fact if you were in a bad accident and couldnt respond they sent help immediately.Life saving stuff.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when you get in an accident and your not on your phone with the app open how do they come on and say is everybody ok like they used to.What happens if the phone is destroyed or thrown out or in your pocket lol.Back in the day i used to love onstar because of my poor cell phone service which i still have with at&t.I did really like the fact if you were in a bad accident and couldnt respond they sent help immediately.Life saving stuff.
If you do not have your smartphone with you and you are in a crash, OnStar Link can still alert an OnStar Emergency-Certified Advisor* who can request help be sent to your location.

It's in the FAQ that I linked

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ended up buying a pair of ac delco reman front calipers with new brackets sunday night, just showed up today. ra had the best price hands down. 141 shipped 60 back in core's. likely swap em out this weekend as they seem to be working just fine other then not being able to push one piston back in all the way.

trucks actually stopping a lot better now. funny how you dont notice how bad your brakes have gotten till you replace them.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you do not have your smartphone with you and you are in a crash, OnStar Link can still alert an OnStar Emergency-Certified Advisor* who can request help be sent to your location.

It's in the FAQ that I linked
I live and drive in the Palm Beach Florida area..... I live within a crowd.... I am not going to sweat , not using OnStar. ( If I drove a BMW Smart car, Then I'd be worried)

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live and drive in the Palm Beach Florida area..... I live within a crowd.... I am not going to sweat , not using OnStar. ( If I drove a BMW Smart car, Then I'd be worried)
Cool, so don't buy it. I am not trying to sell you OnStar. My wife likes it as it gives her a piece of mind I merely shared info on what OnStar is doing for older vehicles with 2g connections.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keeps getting easier for big brother
It’s the same as those devices the insurance companies want you to plug into your OBD port so all you “safe drivers” can get a discount…they collect data, sell it, and pretend theyre giving you a discount for it. Its a scam that makes them millions. I mean, they go to the expense of designing a device and software, give it to you for free, and it saves you money? Come on man I wasn’t born yesterday. They don’t do anything they don’t make money off of.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s the same as those devices the insurance companies want you to plug into your OBD port so all you “safe drivers” can get a discount…they collect data, sell it, and pretend theyre giving you a discount for it. Its a scam that makes them millions. I mean, they go to the expense of designing a device and software, give it to you for free, and it saves you money? Come on man I wasn’t born yesterday. They don’t do anything they don’t make money off of.
Is anything really free these days!?!