What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobsFreeland

Old wild land firefighter
Reaction score
I did both of mine -cams, dual springs, hardened pushrods, vitron valve seals- without pulling the heads. It’s not necessary unless you’re replacing the lifters. Is was especially easier to do it that way on the one that’s supercharged- no need to pull that damn blower.

How much difference in pushrod length from stock to your new pushrods? You think I can start it and drive to tuner?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much difference in pushrod length from stock to your new pushrods? You think I can start it and drive to tuner?
Vinci High Performance sold me everything I needed so they’re the ones that determined that but I’m pretty sure they’re stock length. I have no idea if your setup requires something different. You need to ask whoever you bought your valve train from that question. Whose cam is it? What are the specs? What lifters, springs and rockers are you running? Just curious.

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
Vinci High Performance sold me everything I needed so they’re the ones that determined that but I’m pretty sure they’re stock length. I have no idea if your setup requires something different. You need to ask whoever you bought your valve train from that question. Whose cam is it? What are the specs? What lifters, springs and rockers are you running? Just curious.

Cam is from summit, 8701-r1 , new lifters that came with cam kit. Beehive springs, new, stock rockers. By eyeballing size of lifters and springs seem to be same size, I thought I could stay with same length just upgrade to hard pushrods. I have pushrods measure tool, probably do today if I can finish torqueing heads.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam is from summit, 8701-r1 , new lifters that came with cam kit. Beehive springs, new, stock rockers. By eyeballing size of lifters and springs seem to be same size, I thought I could stay with same length just upgrade to hard pushrods. I have pushrods measure tool, probably do today if I can finish torqueing heads.
Ask Summit. Oh wait- they’re worthless. Nobody to even talk to. I bought from a company with excellent customer service with someone who I could reach out to with questions, www.vincihighperformance.com since I wasn’t all that knowledgeable myself. Yours should be stock length but I can’t say for sure. I could call Roger Vinci and ask him but that wouldn’t be right lol.

RobsFreeland

Reaction score
Ask Summit. Oh wait- they’re worthless. Nobody to even talk to. I bought from a company with excellent customer service with someone who I could reach out to with questions, www.vincihighperformance.com since I wasn’t all that knowledgeable myself. Yours should be stock length but I can’t say for sure. I could call Roger Vinci and ask him but that wouldn’t be right lol.

So true. I realized if everything was the same then I could prob stay with same length pushrods, but I changed cam and lift parameters so the length of the pushrod will change . So I will have to check length and lash. Hit with epiphany or brick your choice. Thanks

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got enough clear weather, and snow melted, to wash and do half a detail today. Ahh.. better. Sorry for the crappy pictures.

1544a8b545397a37179b6ae65333e201.jpg
faa6fdba9c5ff6f31ef3d47200ed88ac.jpg

damn she just clears the garage i see. wish mine was clean. its been getting snowed and rained on for the last month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA