What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Not my cup of tea to defraud anyone. I have no intention of ever selling the denali. I was 15 years old when they went into production and dreamt of having one ever since. Took the pics/video in case.

Denali is my year round vehicle. Trans Am is my summer car, ttops stay off for 6 months. Been looking for a clean 65 riviera to cruise in with the family.
What year TA?

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buddy of mine saw it today :(

Makes no sense, I gave him the Escalade roof rack and the street scene running board's
full

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Did a little mocking up with the install kit today. Going to take more modification than I originally thought. METRA's dash install kit is the EASIEST way to go for pre-2003 NBS Tahoes for sure, but I really don't have the 135 bucks for spend on it. Going to have to fab up some spacers for the pocket rails that I have from the old single din kit.

Unfortunately, the Double DIN bezel that I found in the junkyard won't work. I had no idea that it was so different. Guess the 2003+ NBS have the AC control panel lower in the chasis and because the center console doesn't "humpback" up into the dash, there's more room for the bottom of the bezel to mount.

So it's either modify my new bezel... quite a bit... or clean up the PO's "modification" to make it work with the Double DIN radio.

OR... drop coin.

Decisions decisions.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine has been bad for awhile too.........I hope lol.View attachment 221587
I replaced the sensor once with a non-Delco part (not by choice), then 3 months later, the pos crapped out, so replaced again, with Delco. Then a couple weeks ago, it pegged at 80 psi like it did when I first bought the Yukon, so now it’s stepper motor / cluster time. [emoji2959]

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I replaced the sensor once with a non-Delco part (not by choice), then 3 months later, the pos crapped out, so replaced again, with Delco. Then a couple weeks ago, it pegged at 80 psi like it did when I first bought the Yukon, so now it’s stepper motor / cluster time. [emoji2959]
Pretty sure it's the sensor. Cluster was rebuilt about 2yrs ago. Thx for the heads up using a Delco sensor.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's the sensor. Cluster was rebuilt about 2yrs ago. Thx for the heads up using a Delco sensor.
Yeah my sensor had it pegged at 80.. now it actually moves just a tiny bit, and since the sensor was just done, I’m hoping it’s just the stepper motor.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, finished up the LUX upgrade tonight. I had installed the LUX amp and nav radio, but hadn't connected the noise compensation microphone and split the D-pillar speakers off of the rear doors yet. The LUX system uses a microphone to listen to the background noise in the cabin and adjust for it, whereas the premium system adjusts the volume based on speed. The LUX amp also has dedicated left/right channels for the D-pillar speakers. On the premium system the D-pillar and rear doors are tied together in a connector at the driver's kick panel. So, it required running a set of wires from the amp to the kick panel to connect them like an Escalade. I then had to use my Tech2 to re-calibrate the amp for an Escalade to turn on the D-pillar channels (this amp reportedly came out of a Sierra Denali, so no D-pillar, and therefore the channels were turned off).

I was skeptical that the LUX system would make that much difference, but I have to say that it is a huge improvement over the premium Bose system. As others have commented, the LUX system isn't going to win any stereo contests, but for a factory system it sounds pretty darn good. I forgot to take pictures of the amp install while I had the console apart, but here is the finished system.

IMG_20190423_215535336.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, finished up the LUX upgrade tonight. I had installed the LUX amp and nav radio, but hadn't connected the noise compensation microphone and split the D-pillar speakers off of the rear doors yet. The LUX system uses a microphone to listen to the background noise in the cabin and adjust for it, whereas the premium system adjusts the volume based on speed. The LUX amp also has dedicated left/right channels for the D-pillar speakers. On the premium system the D-pillar and rear doors are tied together in a connector at the driver's kick panel. So, it required running a set of wires from the amp to the kick panel to connect them like an Escalade. I then had to use my Tech2 to re-calibrate the amp for an Escalade to turn on the D-pillar channels (this amp reportedly came out of a Sierra Denali, so no D-pillar, and therefore the channels were turned off).

I was skeptical that the LUX system would make that much difference, but I have to say that it is a huge improvement over the premium Bose system. As others have commented, the LUX system isn't going to win any stereo contests, but for a factory system it sounds pretty darn good. I forgot to take pictures of the amp install while I had the console apart, but here is the finished system.

View attachment 221607
Badass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65