What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CountMinsi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unbelievable truck. Year, milage, etc. You're making a lot of guys jealous. We have a solid grasp on the importance of pics here. Part them directly on the site server by use of the upload file button. No need for a 3rd party.

Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas. It’s nice to be reassured that this truck seems worth it! Oh yea, it has the 4.10 rear end too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did my 2nd retrofit

turns out the H1 7.1 is VERY different from the H1 7.0, and this new kit turned 12 hours into less than 2

View attachment 216060

waiting for sealant to dry over night and then I'll get them installed and tested

also making a YouTube how to guide because it's so simple, but there are no good guides online

That will be awesome! I’ve still got all my retro fit parts sitting on the shelf. Haven’t been brave enough to bake my lights. Lol

06JET

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought one!

Just bought a 2004 Yukon XL 2500 with the 6.0L. It has 110k miles on it and is in great shape. I had been searching high and low for a V10 Excursion. After checking out a few it just seemed like they were all more worn than I wanted - and expensive! Then my dad sent me a link for a hideous green (state park vehicle) 07 2500 Suburban. It only had 80k miles but was out of my price range. Turns out, the same place had the 04 I ended up buying. I hadn't really been looking at Suburbans or Yukons because the few times I'd searched for them I found nothing viable for me (either too far away or too expensive). I'm extremely excited and happy that this one came my way.

It needs a couple small things. Looks like the oil pressure sending unit is bad and maybe the trans temp gauge isn't working. I'm really excited to go to town giving it its inaugural detailing - something I've always loved doing to a new to me car.

I've never driven a heavy duty truck before. So, it was a bit different of a feel. When I put it in 4wd it was louder than I had experienced before - not bad loud, just noticeable and different.

I'm going from a 2001 Nissan Xterra, that I love and thought I'd drive until it fell apart. But, our plans changed. My wife and I plan on hitting the road to live full-time in our 33' travel trailer with our 1.5 year old daughter, dog, and cat. A bit crazy, but it is ultimately what brought me to this forum.

I'm super excited and anxious to pick it up in a few days (getting a power lock fixed first)!

That is Awesome! Good luck with it. I'm sure you will love it.

XL04

Reaction score
Here is a link to retrofit OEM denali or aftermarket denali replicas.

The basic part of the retrofit is pretty easy. It's the getting the projector beam perfectly straight and getting the hotspots of the bulbs right. Take your time and make sure your hotspots are correct first as it will affect the cutoff line. Dont seal everything up until you make sure the cutoff line is perfectly horizontal you may need to rotate your projector so wait on the sealant.

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That will be awesome! I’ve still got all my retro fit parts sitting on the shelf. Haven’t been brave enough to bake my lights. Lol

I’d like to retro fit a set. Always wanted to but scared to spend a ton of money and screw it up lol

I figure they're only $100 a set or so, and I'm willing to learn for that price

Here is a link to retrofit OEM denali or aftermarket denali replicas.

The basic part of the retrofit is pretty easy. It's the getting the projector beam perfectly straight and getting the hotspots of the bulbs right. Take your time and make sure your hotspots are correct first as it will affect the cutoff line. Dont seal everything up until you make sure the cutoff line is perfectly horizontal you may need to rotate your projector so wait on the sealant.

yeah that video was not very helpful at all for me lol. granted I had the wrong type of projector and bulbs and everything to make it work, but there was also a lot of information in the video that wasn't necessary

I’ve got a set of OEM Denali headlights to retrofit, but I need to split them to put the Klearz clear corners in them.

you could just buy ones with the clear corners already :p

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
did my 2nd retrofit

turns out the H1 7.1 is VERY different from the H1 7.0, and this new kit turned 12 hours into less than 2

View attachment 216060

waiting for sealant to dry over night and then I'll get them installed and tested

also making a YouTube how to guide because it's so simple, but there are no good guides online
Cant wait for the video. Smart. Gonna have tons of hits

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia