What did you do to your NBS GMT800 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the fleece all lights on module its supposed only keep the foglights on when the high beams are on if you leave the fogs on. If you have highs on and turn your fogs off they turn off. It's a little more expensive at $28 shipped for me but peace of mind.
What did you use for projectors and brackets for your retro?

hmm, I read differently that it keeps your fogs on all the time when highs are on, and you couldn't change that

I went with CB&D brackets and Super H1 7.1 bi-xenon clear lenses, NHK 38w G3 ballasts, and Morimoto H1 4500k bulbs.

XL04

Reaction score
hmm, I read differently that it keeps your fogs on all the time when highs are on, and you couldn't change that

I went with CB&D brackets and Super H1 7.1 bi-xenon clear lenses, NHK 38w G3 ballasts, and Morimoto H1 4500k bulbs.

I'm thinking you're right on the fleece module. I watched the fleece video and another video on grounding the bcm and got them mixed up. In my defense I just woke up.

When I put in my cb&d brackets into the projector housing then put the projector in through the front the two little arches on top the projector hit the top of the projector housing. I had to trim two little arches to clear the projector so it would sit flat. I dont remember seeing that anywhere. Did you run into that at all?

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
The Volante is the only one I've ever had. I really like it. Bought it used from a forum member. I first installed it when I had my 4.8 and just stepping on the gas normally--it roared! Sounded amazing. Sounded like I was nailing it--not ****** at all. Now that I have all the work done, including the exhaust--everything ties in nicely. When I romp it, everything is loud as f@#$! Lol, even just stepping on it normally it's loud(The Hoe). I'd recommend getting the scoop--iirc it's an option.

Yeah I thought I remembered the scoop being an option. I hope I can find a used one at some point. I really want an intake for it, but I want something that's actually going to make a difference. Like I said, I've always been a fan of the Volante's design, so I'd like to get that same one eventually.

I feel ya man. Time is definitely the crux of the whole thing. Video production can take sooooo long–it's definitely hard to find the time and I always end up rushing one or more things.

Yeah, for a while I was getting away with bringing my laptop to work and getting editing on my videos done, then uploading them once I got home.... but some coworker screwed that up for us so now we're "on a time out"... fun being an adult.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah I thought I remembered the scoop being an option. I hope I can find a used one at some point. I really want an intake for it, but I want something that's actually going to make a difference. Like I said, I've always been a fan of the Volante's design, so I'd like to get that same one eventually.

Yeah, for a while I was getting away with bringing my laptop to work and getting editing on my videos done, then uploading them once I got home.... but some coworker screwed that up for us so now we're "on a time out"... fun being an adult.
If you can afford it, totally worth the money.

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking you're right on the fleece module. I watched the fleece video and another video on grounding the bcm and got them mixed up. In my defense I just woke up.

When I put in my cb&d brackets into the projector housing then put the projector in through the front the two little arches on top the projector hit the top of the projector housing. I had to trim two little arches to clear the projector so it would sit flat. I dont remember seeing that anywhere. Did you run into that at all?

Is there any way you could get some pictures of this? I'm having a difficult time picturing what you mean.

I'll have mine apart again this weekend to fix them, and can take pics, but I didn't have any issues with arches.

my only issue was the CB&D brackets are built for 7.0s and I went with a 7.1 kit, so I had to drill press the bracket to make it fit

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I have the fleece 6HI chip. Spendy at $25 but its worth it to me and it makes for a clean install.
received_347640505824633.jpeg

Here's some pics of my motor--just for @Fosscore :p. I think I need an intervention.View attachment 215024 View attachment 215025
I dont have that problem here in AK:bleh:. And our winters here are twice as long as anyone else:shrug:20190128_093527.jpg

Finished painting my Denali headlights today. Tonight I'm working on putting them all back together with CB&D brackets, Morimoto mini H1 projectors, Morimoto elite ballasts, XB bulbs, motoho1ders, high beam splitters, 9005 silverstar ultras.
This morning I ordered the fleece performance all lights on module should be here later this week.
I'm really looking forward to installing this setup as my spyders just weren't going to cut it. I'm sure I'll have to do some headlight tuning with the new setup but that's to be expected.

View attachment 215138
why the high beam splitter? The projectors are bi-xenon right? Factory high beam spot is black now. And why halogens and not hids ?!!:fca5278d:
Also excellent work, cant wait to see the finished product lol :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12